Harley Davidson Forums banner

Quick Detach Accessories

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  rapier57 
#1 ·
Whats with these quick detach accessories ? I just picked up the wifes new Freewheeler last week and I asked the dealer to make sure there was a windshield for it when I come to pick it up. So I get there and there it is in a box beside the trike, I politely asked if it had to be put together before it was put on. I was anxious to get the trike home for the wife to try it out because we were running out of decent weather, anyway he pulls the windshield out of the box lines it up with the quick detach posts and gives it a little push there you are he says ready to go. Hmmmm i'm thinking ok I just paid over $400 for this windshield that anyone could walk away with in about 10 to 15 seconds. I would also like to put a sissybar/backrest on the trike as well but same thing, press the two little buttons and out it comes. I was looking at prices for them and same thing by the time you buy the bar/clamp/pad there goes another $400 with the press of a button. While I do think it's handy to be able to remove these parts so easily I'm half afraid to leave it parked on a street somewhere while out shopping or visiting.
I did put the REDA bag locks on my UltraClassic as it was on the recall list for the Bags. Any thoughts on some kinda lock for the Windshield and Backrest for the Freewheeler ?

#2 ·
There are locks for quick detach backrest etc. but not for the windshield. If someone wants it bad enough they will get it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.