Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
The dude abides
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went into the garage this morning, smelled fuel. The quick connect under tank of my '11 FLSTC is leaking. Disconnected the line and it's still dripping, currently have a hose over it draining into a jug.

My local dealer says a check valve needs replacing, as well as 2 lines, one in the tank and the external.

Still have warranty, don't have access to a trailer I'm going to ride it to the dealer with the wife following behind with a fire extinguisher in the car. I'm gonna use some lithium grease to hopefully seal it up a bit prior to riding.

The thing that comes to mind is "really - on a 4 year old bike?"

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
Stranger things have happened, but it sounds odd, yes. It's about a $60 part if I remember correctly, but you have a warranty. May be worth a call to the dealer and see if they can pick it up.

·
Banned
71 Posts
Went into the garage this morning, smelled fuel. The quick connect under tank of my '11 FLSTC is leaking. Disconnected the line and it's still dripping, currently have a hose over it draining into a jug.

My local dealer says a check valve needs replacing, as well as 2 lines, one in the tank and the external.

Still have warranty, don't have access to a trailer I'm going to ride it to the dealer with the wife following behind with a fire extinguisher in the car. I'm gonna use some lithium grease to hopefully seal it up a bit prior to riding.

The thing that comes to mind is "really - on a 4 year old bike?"
Stranger things have happened, but it sounds odd, yes. It's about a $60 part if I remember correctly, but you have a warranty. May be worth a call to the dealer and see if they can pick it up.
It's but two o-rings..... with an extended warranty , I'd let the Dealers fix it tho . :)

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Narcosis
You might rub a little 'bar soap' you know bath soap around the leak and see if that stops it long enough to get to the dealer? It will seal a leaking gas tank up right now ! Of course not a permanent fix......:)
Colt.45

1 - 4 of 4 Posts