Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone

looking to get a seat for the g/f on the 2012 street bob not looking for much and not looking for permanent just something i can throw something on so she can ride once in a while. i'm trying to do it with out drilling any holes. can that be done? can anyone recommend anything?

·
Registered
250 Posts
I have a Touring seat that I put on when going 2 up with wife, then I switch out with solo seat for better looks.

Fender is already predrilled for 2 up seat, just need to buy adapter to thread screw in. check on ebay for a used 2 up seat.

·
Captain Dave
108 Posts
It will take you no longer the ten seconds to swap seats. You are right though, solo seats look much better. Once my brother in law was asked Where does your passenger sit with that solo seat? His response is a classic, he simply said, "This ain't no yellow school Bus." Nobody said another word.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
751 Posts
Don't laugh, but I got the Butty Buddy and it's perfect for the Street Bob. It's actually really comfortable and the cheapest solution to an occasional need for a second seat.

Motorcycle Seats by ButtyBuddy | Best Motorcycle Seat Pads & Cushions

send pm if you have questions

Don
I think I would rather have something that fastened mechanically. Could always get an add on pillon for a passenger, but a used 2-up seat would probably be the least expensive and easiest bet.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well thanx for the advice everyone i ended up going with a pillon add on seat from harley picked it up for 180 with the foot pegs and my hog memeber discount it will be waiting for me when i get home tuesday judging from what i can see in the catolauge it will do the job nicely of carting my g/f around once in a very blue moon

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have the HD brown springer seat . . . recently added pegs, brown passenger pillon and detachable back rest, etc. . . . kind of pricey for the whole deal, but with my other detachable rack and throwover bags . . . gives me tons of configuration options with or without passenger. I can't imagine the pillon would be comfortable for long rides, but that isn't a priority now.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea not quite a priority yet just want to make sure she like riding first then we'll see about getting a better seat for her

1 - 9 of 9 Posts