Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up everybody. I just have a quick question. The other day while my bike was warm I noticed that when I rev the engine in neutral, on decel I get a little dark smoke from the front cylinder. Only the front though. Is this something I should be concerned with? The bike runs great otherwise.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Fat Guy on the Ultra
5,383 Posts
Id say the engine oil is to high, reving it pushes more oil to the top of the engine so creating higher head pressure and may be purging the extra oil out of the vent and feeding it into the air cleaner and through the front cylinder. But thats just my swag......

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Id say the engine oil is to high, reving it pushes more oil to the top of the engine so creating higher head pressure and may be purging the extra oil out of the vent and feeding it into the air cleaner and through the front cylinder. But thats just my swag......
Yeah oil level is high. I should have thought of that. I followed the directions in the manual and added just under 3.5 quarts and it was almost up to the dang cap! Then I found out its 3.5 quarts if the motor is dry. I guess during a normal change you can only drain about 3 quarts. I guess I should borrow my wife's turkey baster and level it off ;)

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 6 of 6 Posts