Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, question. I have a 2014 Ultra Limited. Replaced the battery and now getting loud beeping sound through the Info System. Beeps 3 times, pauses for 10 seconds the beeps again . Won’t stop. Did a master reset in the service menu. The radio system Serial Number and Model number information has all been wiped out. I have read posts that say to have the system flashed. I have taken it to the Harley Dealer they tried flashing it and say that the system is wiped out and won’t flash and/or communicate with there computer. The only solution they have is a new system. ($2300)
Any suggestions or shops that may be able to fix this. System works just beeps always unless muted.
Please let me know if you’ve ever had any experience with this or ideas for repair or even replacement. Any suggestions aftermarket?

·
2004 Ultra Classic
1,116 Posts
$2300!!! I would ride it without a Infotainment system.

·
Road Junkie
1,852 Posts
If all is lost, I wouldn’t replace but upgrade to the GTS system.

·
Retired citizen
22,285 Posts
The Infotainment System is a computer so treat it that way. The H-D service dept. can reprogram the system using the bike's VIN. That's what the service depts do at the initial new vehicle setup and that setup info is sent directly to the MoCo thru their intranet system. The setup procedure has your bike's 'birth certificate' stored. That info can be retrieved to your bike even if you aren't the original owner.
Maybe try a different H-D Dealer service dept.. There is no way swapping out a battery is going to wipe out that system, even if you don't follow the correct procedure for replacing the battery.
This reminds me of a similar problem I had a few years ago. A customer's bike electronics lost memory because he had his battery disconnected for an extended period of time. I had to reprogram the ECM after installing a new fully charged battery. The ECM and TSSM got divorced from being away from each other to long ! Shit happens !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts