Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to replace my cd player in my 02 FLHTC because some lowlife stole it and my bags while i was in the hospital last week. I have looked around on Ebay for a replacement but no luck for an 02 model. mine had one plug on the back of it. most of the ones i have saw on ebay has 2 plugs. do they make and adapter to use a newer radio on my bike. also i dont have rear speakers on my bike is that what the second plug is for? i dont have rear controls on my bike either. if i use a newer radio can i upgrade my controls to add rear speaker pods? :banghead thanks

·
Señor Member
19,588 Posts
That sucks, thunder. I hate thieves.

Sorry, I don't know nothing about radios. Good luck, man.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
You can use the newer HK radio as long as it was originally Installed in a EGC or a SG. The plug is the same. The only issue is the volume/speed control won't work.

On the old radios, the two plug is for a four speaker Ultra. It has the CB and intercom functionality built into it.

The newer HKs all have two plugs but you only use one if you have a 2-speaker Classic or Street Glide. The radios are all the same but have to be programmed to the specific application, and you have to have a 2006 and up for the bike to see the radio on the BUS and allow it to program. You can plug it into a newer bike and reprogram it and then install it on yours, but that is a pain. That's why buying a used one that's already for a two-speaker bike is the best solution.

I have an HK off a 2012 SG installed in my '05 Classic. It rocks. I love the mp3 disc ability.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,010 Posts
My dream is to be leaving a baseball bat convention having bought a new Louisville Slugger and chance upon some low life just beginning to do harm to my bike. Coach always said I had a great swing.

·
Breaker of Things
3,357 Posts
My dream is to be leaving a baseball bat convention having bought a new Louisville Slugger and chance upon some low life just beginning to do harm to my bike. Coach always said I had a great swing.
+1

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 7 of 7 Posts