Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone running a raked Vrod Muscle? I made a chin spoiler for an owner of a non raked Vrod muscle and there is a slight interference with the tire and the spoiler when turning. it is a real nice spoiler and would work great on a raked VROD

Attachments

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks
I am looking for an owner who may want to try my spoiler. i am working on a revised version for the original owner as under compression and turning the handlebars a bit the tire rubbed ever so slightly on the one I made for him as looking at mainly aesthetics i forgot a bit about function and bulged the middle of the spoiler out which will not be a problem on a raked bike and will actually help fill in some of the space that the rake creates. The spoiler is fully functional in that it scoops air to the regulator through the front, sides and bottom and has exits scoops on the upper sides and the top to create a constant air flow as well as to reduce the drag effect created by the filled in middle section of the radiator cover. In other words the air is pulled in through the lower section of the spoiler and is directed out of the spoiler through the sides and top

·
Retired citizen
24,161 Posts
I like V-Rods, they're easy to service and repair ... when they break !
It's like change 2 fluids and a filter, maybe a rear tire every year or a light bulb !
Broken belt, 20 minutes back on the road !
I don't know how the raked / extended front forks affects handling at 140 mph tho !!! Looks cool tho !

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Thanks
I am looking for an owner who may want to try my spoiler. i am working on a revised version for the original owner as under compression and turning the handlebars a bit the tire rubbed ever so slightly on the one I made for him as looking at mainly aesthetics i forgot a bit about function and bulged the middle of the spoiler out which will not be a problem on a raked bike and will actually help fill in some of the space that the rake creates. The spoiler is fully functional in that it scoops air to the regulator through the front, sides and bottom and has exits scoops on the upper sides and the top to create a constant air flow as well as to reduce the drag effect created by the filled in middle section of the radiator cover. In other words the air is pulled in through the lower section of the spoiler and is directed out of the spoiler through the sides and top

I'll try the spoiler!!!!

·
"Ain't quite right"™
2008 VRSCDX 2019 FXDR
11,273 Posts
That raked VROD looks good, but I'm with SCHMIDTY, no way I'd want to go much over 100mph with that...well not for very long anyway.

Dig the look of the cover, but mine's not raked more than stock.

·
Ms. Subtle
1,930 Posts
please tell me you are kidding right?

that rake is the most awful thing i think i have seen done to a v-rod besides apes

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts