Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What with the Buff a few weeks ago, missing the Swallows rally last weekend coz I had to work, we are really looking forward to to the Slangkop Rally this weekend.
Slangkop is afrikaans word meaning Snakehead - one of the oldest lighthouses in South Africa is situated there, and the Campsite is on the waters edge.
Will post some pics after the weekend, and a link too hopefully!

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have to say that though it was a small rally, only around 370 people attended, it is only the third year.
The venue is absolutely awesome, as the pics will reveal.
We has such a good time, and will attend every year.
Only one bit of advice - and that would be make sure you take wood for a fire, as none was on sale. Perhaps there will be next year. Bur for sure, its funny for the two of us to sit on a huge big bag of wood we bought without thinking about how to get it to the site!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
I've been around the globe many times for work, but never to Cape Town.

I did have a planned business trip to Johannesburg (sp?), but it got canceled one week before the flight.

If my travels ever take me to Cape Town, I WILL let you know.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Most welcome

Sure, anytime!! We have sunrise over the Indian ocean view - False Bay - and sunset over the Atlantic ocean view - Longbeach.
Let us know when you coming, the beers are always cold and the food is delightfuly delicious (guess who is the cheff??) the more the merrier.:dance

1 - 20 of 20 Posts