Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Senile Member
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bags rattle. When I take them off, the bike is quite, put them back on, there’s all kinds of noise back there. I cleaned them out and repacked them and they are a lot better now, but I think could be better. Any other suggestions?

I tell ya though, I did like them being off the bike. Now if I could figure out how to make it look like the bags wern’t missing, I’d take them off once in a while. I only have the bottom support bar and figure once I get some Prog. 444’s on there, it’ll look a lot better.

·
Hit it she goes boom
5,073 Posts
My bags rattle. When I take them off, the bike is quite, put them back on, there’s all kinds of noise back there. I cleaned them out and repacked them and they are a lot better now, but I think could be better. Any other suggestions?
My left one does that, but it usually indicates, I have one out of two hold downs working. Do they lock up tight, compressing the rubber washer?

·
Retired citizen
22,068 Posts
Are the rubber isolators on the bottom support bars, 2 on each side ?
Also lube the muffler hanger rubber isolators at the rear.

·
Senile Member
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ha! I did the oil thing last week, remembering a past comment from Schmidtys, and that fixed one squeek, thanks. I'll look at the hnges and locks next.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have actually greased up the support bars where the channel/groove of the bags rest. It works, plus I think having a little weight in the bags helps to. Louder pipes help the most :rofl:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts