Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone bought the 2-1 RB Racing exhaust system? I have had the LSR-2-1C for about 6 months after reading many positive articles and posts and love the tune I can get from them. :ride
My 88 EFI with a simple PCM III and SE filter runs great, but the chrome is terrible looking after only @5 months. I've checked for heat and mounting stress and remounted and polished and on and on and on and on. :mad: It's not blued. It's more like a porous finish or spider scratches that the polish has set in and the radial marks are very pronounced. I can't tell if the marks are on top or below the surface.

I wrote to RB Racing several times with pics and they do not respond to my emails. I had trouble during the long wait for the pipes and found their service wasn't the greatest. Pipes aren't their primary business, but still they could be responsive.

Does anyone else have this problem or any suggestions. The rings appear symmetrical @1/4" after the welded collector joint. Maybe a tool used prior to chroming and insufficient cleaning process prior to chroming.

I love the pipe sound, looks and power, but the pitting has got to go!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
It is very well known that RB is the absolute worst people in the world to deal with. They are only in it for the money and once the sale is done, they will not help you out at all.

For that reason alone...........I would never do business with them.

Steve

1 - 2 of 2 Posts