Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice idea. I've personally never had a spring fail. (I also have never owned a bike newer than 8 years ols, with the current one being 13 years old)
I saw a friend that was riding in front of me making a left had turn after going over a speed bump the spring broke.
He had bottomed out on the speed bump and then made the left turn.

·
Señor Member
2,384 Posts
Nice idea. I've personally never had a spring fail. (I also have never owned a bike newer than 8 years ols, with the current one being 13 years old)
It's pretty common down here in Mexico. We have a bunch of topes (speedbumps) .
As a matter of fact, the one thing I recommend to people who ask me what to bring as spare parts is a jiffy stand spring.
In a bind, you can tie the jiffy stand up with a bungee cord (everyone carries a spare bungee cord, don't they?):D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's pretty common down here in Mexico. We have a bunch of topes (speedbumps) .
As a matter of fact, the one thing I recommend to people who ask me what to bring as spare parts is a jiffy stand spring.
In a bind, you can tie the jiffy stand up with a bungee cord (everyone carries a spare bungee cord, don't they?):D
A spare jiffy spring is a good idea... The Kickstand Kaddy is also a good idea. Your kickstand always has a place to clip into with or without a spring.
It's a safety thing. Please No bungee cords on my bike.....

·
Señor Member
2,384 Posts

·
Boooya!!!
2,767 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts