Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since scoring on my 105th anniversary FLHX, the wife and I have come to realize that we need a little more room between us while riding 2 up, she crowd's me too much - especially when I have my riders backrest on. I am pretty comfortable by myself, although I could be a tad bit closer to the bars. In researching the Reach seat, I see that I would be 1/2" closer and lower, which would prolly be perfect, and with my legs being closer together, I would be almost flat footed while stopped (another plus). My question to you guys is, of those who have that seat, does it give you more room between your passenger and yourself? We have a backrest that obviously doesn't go back any further - and my wife is so short even if she did, her legs would probably hit the saddle bags. I need some feed back from the reach seat users! :ride

·
Shovelhead
391 Posts
I put the Sundowner seat from HD on my '09 StreetGlide and it put's me forward about an inch or more. If you read some of the other seat topics on this site you will hear that the Sundowner seat is not pretty but it is comfortable for the passenger. The sundowner is my recommendation. To bad you couldn't try one frist!! My wife can now go for 100+ miles before needing a break. I'm 5'10" and I also put the 9 1/2" windshield on and it's perfect. I'm now flat footed as you mentioned and arms are bent. My only con is that I had to put the tank bra on because now my legs seem to touch the tanks a little. I just measured the 2 seats and the Sundowner seat passenger will put at least an inch between you and her. Hope this helps. I'll seat if I can send pics.

·
Shovelhead
391 Posts
I'm running a little slow this morning!! I see that you've already puchased the Sundowner. Glad you like it!:eek:

·
Old Member
2,896 Posts
For a $100 bill I just take my stock seat to an upholster and have them re-pad and lower it to fit properly.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had the seat from my VTX custom done and the fit was incredible, but when the foam was redone there was 3 or 4 ripples in the vinyl in the center of the seat - I don't wsnt that on my new ride for sure! I don't know of anyone local that does that type of work, but I will do some research to see what can be done. Rich's is in Seattle and can do wonders but I don't want to spend 5 bills on a redo.

·
Old Member
2,896 Posts
The vinyl should have been recut to fit the new foam.
Sounds like someone didn't do there job properly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts