Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Turgid Member
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ready to ride!

I installed Viking saddlebags today which was the last of the winter mods to my FXDC. Other things I did were install Rush mufflers, pullback risers, rear turn signal relocation and a front fender extension. I also took a short ride today.

I'm happy with how it turned out and pumped for warmer weather!

ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1365288290.579577.jpg

ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1365288315.356302.jpg

ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1365288336.439198.jpg

ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1365288358.085070.jpg

ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1365288379.020671.jpg

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Turgid Member
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like those. You'll have to keep so updated on how they hold up. I've heard mixed reviews.

The bags themselves are great. Thick leather over a fiberglass shell. No complaints there. But the hardware kit was a pain in the arse. The bolts they include were too short and they shorted me 8 fender washers. I went to Lowes and bought correct hardware and got them mounted.

If Viking matched the quality of the mounting kit with the bags they would be the best deal ever on saddlebags. For $200 these are the large bags and built in locks are included.

·
Turgid Member
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Bike looks great, time to go ride!

·
Registered
751 Posts
:thumbsup

What kind of bags and mounting hardware?
The bags are HD. Weren't cheap at all. No lock and the flaps are held down with velcro. They work. They were around $450.

The mounts are the rigid mounts that come with the bags. Putting them on as a PIA for certain. I'm now thinking of upgrading to removable mounts. Cleaning the rear wheel no takes some effort.

Bike goes in for service on Tuesday. Getting new bars and grips installed while it's there. I don't care of the angle of the grips so I ended up with stock bars from a 2004 Super Glide Sport. If they prove to be too low I will get a higher mount.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Sweet, looks like your ready for the impending riding season!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts