Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered the latest SE Comp PN 42200064A along with the latest SE Billet Cam Support Plate w/high volume oil pump. Took delivery on a Hayden M6 BT07 primary chain tensioner last week and plan on getting all installed in the next couple of weeks. Trying to make the bike as bulletproof and reliable as possible......Now to the title of my post.

I had heard and read about in addition to the above, and to make the new Compensator even more bulletproof, I should consider installing the GMR Compensaver. I called and talked to a GMR guy and he told me that if I installed the Hayden tensioner that basically all bets were off as to how the Compensaver would perform. He advised me that the HD ratchet tensioner 07 and newer worked just fine, and that I should stay with that tensioner....So I wonder what the "real reason why" is he so strongly suggested I leave in the OE tensioner?

This will be my 3rd Compensator install using the HD ratchet job, and I have read and heard only that they are crap and cause a lot of problems.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and ideas.

·
Banned
71 Posts
No responses? I can't believe this. Everybody scared of GMR?
Really now........that is THE way to get an answer around here...insult everyone first. :spank:

The first three are fine...forget the fourth item . :mooning:

·
Registered
12,005 Posts
Installed Hayden tensioner. After 1000 miles pulled primary cover to look at it. Appeared to be wearing in as described by the Hayden Tech. Primary chain was tight. Hayden said it would be ok. Then primary chain buzzing sound kept getting louder. Pulled the cover again and removed it. The stock HD tensioner had minimal wear at 20K when it was removed originally. Put it back in. Pulled cover again during oil change. Tensioner was still looking like new at 30K+. HD recommends putting a new gasket for primary cover each time. I put a thin coat of silicone sealer on both sides of gasket, no leaks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts