Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Replaced oem ignition module with an adjustable DYNA-TEC module and now the bike vibrates big time , all the time !
Any ideas or advice ? :think
Thanks

02 WG

·
Registered
488 Posts
It could be the ignition timing. Have you confirmed that its the same as original.

Also did you go from duel fire to single fire as that does alter the engine dynamic.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No , the DYNA-TEC comes with 3 different tunes & advances plus 3 different rpm red line before cut-off .
Its a single fire module made for the 2002 year model Wide Glide .
The bike is quite a bit faster now that it can be revved to 6000 rpm instead of the factory rev limit of 5000 rpm . But the vibration at all rpm's is most intolerable !

·
Go SEAHAWKS!!
807 Posts
No , the DYNA-TEC comes with 3 different tunes & advances plus 3 different rpm red line before cut-off .
Its a single fire module made for the 2002 year model Wide Glide .
The bike is quite a bit faster now that it can be revved to 6000 rpm instead of the factory rev limit of 5000 rpm . But the vibration at all rpm's is most intolerable !
front and rear isolators still good? When my front one finally broke, the engine & bike vibrated insanely at times. Replaced the isolator and all was well. BTW, this was after a cam upgrade and some tuning. I have a 2000 Wide Glide.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Will check em this week end . I kinda think the bike is too far advanced although I hear no pinging at all but it sure hits a lot harder & the exhaust note is much louder .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts