Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Nocturnal Ancestor
6,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last Thursday morning left on bike to visit brother about 350 miles away, he just moved across county and thought I'd visit his new house. Ride there I just took quickest route.
Saturday around noon said see ya later to brother and started heading home with plans to see aunt and couple cousins on way out. One of my cousins live at the intersection of two old two lane blacktops out in middle of nowhere. I spent the night there and told him I'd probably leave as soon as the sun came up.
Anyhow I took my time getting home riding old two lane hwy or I should say roads cause I hardly seen any traffic. I rode through several small towns some with only couple dozens homes and others had maybe had a two thousand population there. It was kind of like going back in time, nobody rushing round and friendly. Driving through farming communities one after the other. Never did see anyone who looked like a thug wannabe or crack/meth head and weather was perfect cept for a little wind. Stopped at a gas station in this one small town and these three boys probably four or five yrs old rolled up on bicycles and ask me a bunch of stuff about my motorcycle and where I was riding to and from and really well mannered kids...even the teenagers I talked to acted decent and respectable. Ride normally take five-six hours..this time 11

I hope if I get into heaven its just like today! riding around visiting friends and family on perfect to me roads and talking to some nice folks along the way!

Days like this are why I like to ride ! :)

·
RIP Michael
86 Posts
I love rides like that. Reminds me of my youth up in NE Washington.

There ya go.

My spring trip as planned will use almost all US highways. I'm looking forward to cruising through those great little midwest towns.
One of my favorites routes up to my old stomping grounds is to to head from Tri-Cities up to Ritzville, then head north through Harrington and Davenport, then head up 25 through Two-Rivers and along the Columbia up through Hunters and Rice to Kettle Falls, then over to Colville and out towards Tiger. Lots of nice rides all over your area once you get out of Spokane proper. 95 is a nice ride up through the ID panhandle also.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Sounds like a good time was had. I can't wait until I can get back on my scooter and get some much needed wind therapy. :bikerguy:

·
Registered
581 Posts
I hope if I get into heaven its just like today! riding around visiting friends and family on perfect to me roads and talking to some nice folks along the way!

+1

.…...........................................

"I'd rather be riding my motorcycle thinking about God than sitting in church thinking about my motorcycle"

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.