Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my Sportster Hugger 2001 and it came with forward controls in a cardboard box. The shifter was easy to switch over as it is on a splined shaft.

But, how does the rear brake pedal come off? I removed the lower tail pipe as I have a vance and hines slip on. Opened up the primary case a little so I could get behind the brake pedal, but there is nothing but a large pin with a while through. I figured there would be a nut that the clevis screws on to from behind the primary cover.

Also the pin that attaches the brake rod to the pedal, does that simple push out once the split pin is removed.

See attached pics.

Thanks for the help.

Attachments

·
Just Ride
3,204 Posts
You might want to get a manual for your bike.

Reactions: Kainam

·
ochog1
8 Posts
At the end of the clevis their is a locknut and then the pin. Remove pin, remove locknut, pull out the clevis.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
ochog1
8 Posts
Ooops was looking at wrong diagram. Remove cotter pin, clevis pin, and bolt. The bushing might be gunked up so spray some lube around the clevis. You might have to give it a few taps it should pop out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Retired citizen
23,198 Posts
The brake rod pin is a press fit. I remove the clevis pin, hold a small socket over the pin head and force the pin out with a large channel lock pliers or c-clamp.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts