Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was rear ended during the big bike parade and caught it on film:

and here's the bikini bike wash i filmed during ROT:

·
Super Moderator
12,688 Posts
Glad it was minor. Any damage to the bike. Did he at least pay for the bike wash for you? :D

·
Breaker of Things
3,358 Posts
What???? Someone's bike got hit??? I didn't remember much after the bike wash.........?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Earthbound misfit, I
2,448 Posts
What a moron. Exactly why I stay away from stuff like that.

·
Imperial Wizard...
4,956 Posts
Yep...that's one of the reasons I havn't went to the ROT since 04 and will never go back...Austin Tx. and 200,000 bikes =150,000 dumb ass's then add half a million stupid fuggers in cars........there's your sign...

·
Registered
930 Posts
Yep...that's one of the reasons I havn't went to the ROT since 04 and will never go back...Austin Tx. and 200,000 bikes =150,000 dumb ass's then add half a million stupid fuggers in cars........there's your sign...
Your exactly right. One thing I feel does not get talked about enough is the increasing number of injuries and deaths at the longer rides like poker runs, or charity rides ( If I do see a ridefor a good cause I send a donation). odds are very good to get someone in font, to the side or in back of u that has little to no experience. There just a ticking time bomb waiting to go off!! I remember years back people that just started riding would wait a couple years to even show up let alone ride. I dont go to these events for this reason, I dont like playing russian roulette. Now I think about it, this all started about the same time the CVO models came out??? Haha jk jk jk! Now the rides that have been around for a while are pretty good and unless I can pick or ride with buddies so I know who is around me I wont go.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
930 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
there was no damage to the bike. if you watched the video then you can see the conversation we had that i typed in because of the low audio.

considering the rally brings in anywhere from 250,000 - 500,000 bikers and spectators, there are relatively few accidents/incidents and is considered one of the safest rallies per capita as such.

·
Registered
513 Posts
My only reason to do any of those charity poker rides (even if I do agree with the cause) is to ride with a group of buddies where everyone's skill level is a known factor. Never had any problems (yet anyway).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My only reason to do any of those charity poker rides (even if I do agree with the cause) is to ride with a group of buddies where everyone's skill level is a known factor.
knowing someone's skill level doesn't mean much. anyone can have an accident at any given time, anyone can get distracted, hit a pebble on the road, have a mechanical issue, have an outside variable come in to play such as a car, etc. and unless you're riding only with the same group of people every single time, any time you have someone else join you that you're not familiar yet, you may as well be in a group of strangers. you can't control what other people do and therefore shouldn't spend your time on the bike worrying about such. just maintain your own and be aware of what's around you.

·
Registered
930 Posts
My only reason to do any of those charity poker rides (even if I do agree with the cause) is to ride with a group of buddies where everyone's skill level is a known factor. Never had any problems (yet anyway).
Absolutely nothing wrong with that at all man, I ride solo or with my wife 99% of the time then will meet up with others wherever but the great thing about riding is, you can chose how you want to ride.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
174 Posts
As the road caption of the club I am a member of, it is my duty to find out if there are any inexsperienced riders in the group before the ride starts.
Inexsperenced riders are always told to ride in the back of the pack just ahead of the last two bikes from the club ahead of the breakdown truck. That way there is less of a chance they will cause harm to others if something goes wrong.
4 years road caption so far and no problems as of yet.

·
Registered
930 Posts
As the road caption of the club I am a member of, it is my duty to find out if there are any inexsperienced riders in the group before the ride starts.
Inexsperenced riders are always told to ride in the back of the pack just ahead of the last two bikes from the club ahead of the breakdown truck. That way there is less of a chance they will cause harm to others if something goes wrong.
4 years road caption so far and no problems as of yet.
But inexperienced riders don't matter!! .... I read that and my jaw hit the floor. Lol, thanks for posting your experiences, wish we had something like this around here. What club are u with?

"If the opposite of pro is con, then that means the opposite of progress is congress"

·
Registered
174 Posts
But inexperienced riders don't matter!! .... I read that and my jaw hit the floor. Lol, thanks for posting your experiences, wish we had something like this around here. What club are u with?

"If the opposite of pro is con, then that means the opposite of progress is congress"

Can not say what club I am a member of as it is against the rules.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts