Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Ultra LTD , 2014 RoadKing , 2007 Sportster
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to use the power port (cig lighter plug) to charge a small flashlight while I'm parked in my garage and bike on a tender. Turned the switch to "acc" but the rear tail lights illuminate in that position . Is that normal ?

I have the Harley "Auxiliary brake/running light signal conversion kit " (harness) installed . I like 3 brake lights rather than 1 for the distracted drivers

·
Registered
Mr. James
1,968 Posts
Depending on what bike you have, yes that is normal. Your front ones don't come on? Mine do. I have a Softail though. I would use a plug in the wall to charge anything like that. I know what you mean, though, but you may wanna go a different route. Let the battery stay rested and charged on its own.

Reactions: 1/2 Ton and JLR

·
Registered
5,452 Posts
My rear lights are on in Acc position on my 07 Electra Glide. I also have the HD run/stop/turn module installed. It was the same before & after. I think the lights on in the acc. position is some federal hwy. compliance.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
RJ64 & Breeze3at thanks for replies . Good to know lights on is normal .
The flashlight "Streamlight" has large charging cradle with a cig lighter plug on it for power . It's meant to be mounted in a vehicle . Fabulous light , very powerful and holds a charge a long time and small in size . There was a time when those 12volt plugs were hot without ignition on in a vehicle

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
You can install a plug that is always hot.

Tell us the model and year.

Reactions: RJ64

·
Retired citizen
24,745 Posts
OP's avatar says '13 Ultra and '14 Road King. Both models would have a B+ hot always plug hidden below the seat usually forward of the battery box. Look for a grey single wire connector that should have a dummy plug in it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OP's avatar says '13 Ultra and '14 Road King. Both models would have a B+ hot always plug hidden below the seat usually forward of the battery box. Look for a grey single wire connector that should have a dummy plug in it.
will do , thanks friends

1 - 7 of 7 Posts