Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the 1 or 2 step up from my rear air shocks without taking a loan out.

·
Indian Larry
9,127 Posts
Sell a kidney?

To get better than stock cost some money. You just have to decide if it’s worth the cost. How much you’re going to ride it, how long you plan to keep it, does your wife have a good job...

You know, all the pertinent information!!

·
Registered
11,668 Posts
On 2 Road Glides I replaced the air shocks with the HD adjustable rear shocks. You can buy them from a number of dealers who discount online sales--think the HD MSRP is around $540ish but you should save close to $80-$100 buying them online. And they ain't the number one rated high priced shocks that some folks swear by but they are far and away better than the stock air shocks.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I have had two 2014 Street Glides. The first one was just a Street Glide, the second is a Street Glide Special. First one had the air shocks, the special has the adjustable shocks from H-D. The difference is night and day. I am still playing with different settings, but I really like how it feels now. I always hated how the air shocks were adjusted anyway. Pump them up with the hand pump, unscrew the pump fitting and lose most of the air you pumped in...ya think they could have put more thought into it?

·
Registered
5,319 Posts
I have had two 2014 Street Glides. The first one was just a Street Glide, the second is a Street Glide Special. First one had the air shocks, the special has the adjustable shocks from H-D. The difference is night and day. I am still playing with different settings, but I really like how it feels now. I always hated how the air shocks were adjusted anyway. Pump them up with the hand pump, unscrew the pump fitting and lose most of the air you pumped in...ya think they could have put more thought into it?
The Harley pump is made so you don't lose air when unscrewing from the fitting.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Has anyone changed the oil in the airshocks with improvements or I guess it wouldn't hurt to do it seen it on YouTube
Until my loot builds back up. The shocks should handle the extra weight of the speakers,amps I have in the bags the tour pack I take off and on. Thanks fellas for y'all inputs.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am replacing mine on my 2014 RK ... I went with Super Shox. Do a little research, look them up on YouTube .... US made .... I haven’t received them yet, so no actual experience yet .... I was sold on them after doing the research.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
On 2 Road Glides I replaced the air shocks with the HD adjustable rear shocks. You can buy them from a number of dealers who discount online sales--think the HD MSRP is around $540ish but you should save close to $80-$100 buying them online. And they ain't the number one rated high priced shocks that some folks swear by but they are far and away better than the stock air shocks.
Now I see some HD premium used shocks on ebay $230.00 they are better than the airshocks?

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Went to a motorcycle shop and got the premium HD shocks he said with only 2000 miles on them $100.00 can't beat that. Now time to install these. I'll try them until I can start my go fund me account on this site for some good Ehilins shocks😁

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well i went on a ride after installing the shocks can tell the difference more firm but they did amplified my high speed in the corner weaving so I stopped to adjust them to low setting
It helped. These are 12" shocks I like that my feet is more planted on ground.
When we got home I jacked her up and spinned rear tire DAM treads are all uneven (Michelin 11).
Time for michelinlll rear tire then another shock test .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts