Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all...
Heres a good one. Just had a new Metzler888 installed and took my 09 ultra for a ride. After about 150 miles I noticed a chirping sound coming from my left rear side. BUT only while on the throttle. Pull in Clutch... nothing. Hit the rear brake... nothing. Rev with the clutch in... nothing. Only under a load.
Its hard to hear with the pipes... but when I first pull out, especially from a light or stop sign you can hear it.
Any clue?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess that will be my first check this morning webco. If I cant locate it today I guess it goes back to the shop.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Once I heard it... it drove ne nutz too....lol. Turned around and headed home. Of course it was after 4 pm on Saturday and the closest Harley shop was an hour away..... go figure. Lol.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Suggest you check all the way around on both sidewalls for any rub marks. Then check for whatever runs closest to that sidewall and you have the likely cause.

·
Registered
864 Posts
I don't think it is chirping just once, Probably overtime the wheel goes around, you are just hearing it when the bike is quieter. For that reason if it is a tire rub you have problem that needs immediate attention. You should be able to easily see a spot that is hitting every time the wheel goes around..
"the wheels on the bike go round and round"
Come on, you were thinking it too.. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts