Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a rather long winded inquiry for a new guy to the forum. My wife has an 09 sg that we bought used. it has aftermarket 21 and 18 inch wheels i have no idea who made. The problem is the offset on the back wheel is off about one quarter of an inch to the belt side making the wheel off center . hubs are 3 and 1 half,from belt to wheel and 3 and i half brake disc to wheel. need to find hubs 3 3 quarter, and 3 1quarter to move the wheel to center. Thanks.

·
Retired citizen
24,501 Posts
The critical part of wheel centering is getting the rotor centered in the caliper. You can use different length spacers to center the wheel in the fender BUT the rotor needs to be centered in the caliper foremost.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Axle spacers are correct, belt lines up, brake rotor lines up, offset on wheel hubs are off center making the tire sit too close to the pulley. Bought the bike used and from far away, I think the previous owner bought the wrong application for the bike and put it on anyways.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.