Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!
I am looking to increase the rear rim size from stock. Original size 16x3 rim, tire I believe is 150/80B-16. Not sure if any of you have tried to increase the rim and tire size. Looking at HPS kineo rims tubeless spokes, but they don’t have the required size for my rear wheel. What would be the max width and height i could use?

·
Registered
5,858 Posts
You already have a wobble, leave it stock.

Reactions: sardonicus87

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You already have a wobble, leave it stock.
True, but i just changed the entire bike, full paint job, shopped the rear fender lowered the rear… but I’m not a fan of the stock rims looking into spoked wheels to complete the look im going for, but would prefer tubeless. The HPS are tubeless but dont have my rear wheel size. The wobbling only happens when i really push it in curves. I will get that resolved, didn’t quite no where to start. My bike only has about 6k miles bushings & bearings should still be good but will look into it over the winter.

·
Registered
5,858 Posts
True, but i just changed the entire bike, full paint job, shopped the rear fender lowered the rear… but I’m not a fan of the stock rims looking into spoked wheels to complete the look im going for, but would prefer tubeless. The HPS are tubeless but dont have my rear wheel size. The wobbling only happens when i really push it in curves. I will get that resolved, didn’t quite no where to start. My bike only has about 6k miles bushings & bearings should still be good but will look into it over the winter.
lowering the rear changed the steering geometry. You're on your own when re-engineering.

·
Registered
Mr. James
1,846 Posts
I have found that if I stick to resolving one issue at a time my chances of resolving all the issues is much greater.

Reactions: sardonicus87
1 - 5 of 5 Posts