Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just did a VIN check on this 09 ultra i'm going to buy and found 3 recalls,1 is gas tank assembly mounting ,2 hydraulic fluid flush,3 Antilock excessive heat will cause brake light switch not to work or leak fluid has anybody had these fixed? number 1-414-343-4056

·
old scoot coot
2,902 Posts
i just did a VIN check on this 09 ultra i'm going to buy and found 3 recalls,1 is gas tank assembly mounting ,2 hydraulic fluid flush,3 Antilock excessive heat will cause brake light switch not to work or leak fluid has anybody had these fixed? number 1-414-343-4056
unless you live in death valley cali i woudn't worry about the last one probably didn't affect your bike anyway. it is now recommendedn that all abs bikes do a brake flush every two years. i would look up the one on gas tank one after this long probably didn' taffect your bike either. if you can't find it someone will chime in.

·
Retired citizen
22,285 Posts
If they're safety recalls take the bike to any H-D dealer and have them done for no charge, even if you aren't the original owner.

·
Billyghoate
18 Posts
Pass on the bike unless the compensator and auto chain tensioner were changed. I had one...2 clutches, 1 compensator, baker tensioner changed...then rear seal went all within 20k- 30k! All other recalls are insignificant, dealer will fix for free! Just my experience and many others i researched!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts