Harley Davidson Forums banner

21 - 40 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
I got a set of Bobster copper shades at a shop in Florida for $25. They were great for late afternoon and early morning riding. Then while walking around the fleamarket here in Tennessee I found a pair nearly identicle to them that was smoked for $5... Go figure! I just wrap them in a terry towle and toss them in the saddle bag and always have eyeware for any type of riding.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am looking for recommendations on eyeware. I ride with and w/o a half helmet and also with and w/o a windshield. I have been wearing sunglasses, but my eyes seem to be drying out and they start to burn on even short rides. I don't want to go w/ a full face. Any recommendations will be appreciated...
I'm enjoying my new Bell PIT BOSS half helmet with the integrated snap down eyeshield. The fit is GREAT, it's got the integrated eyeshield AND it's a Bell! You might want to look into one of these.

·
Registered
2 Posts
glasses

I have a pair of liberty sport they are the trailblazers they have a magnetic foam gasget and they are prescription with transition lenses. you can get them eitherr way maybe a little pricey but with my eye insurance they were 75.00 the gasget makes it nice can remove when going in the car or in the store and they seal around my eyes great with just enough vent to keep your eyes from sweating.

·
Something
148 Posts
Just out of curuiousity, do you wear contacts when you ride?

I wear contacts and had to switch to a wrap around style sunglasses when I switch to contacts.

·
THE Yuppie Outlaw
10,081 Posts
Just out of curuiousity, do you wear contacts when you ride?

I wear contacts and had to switch to a wrap around style sunglasses when I switch to contacts.
I wear contacts. As long as I wear some kind of curved lens I am good.

I have a pair of Wiley X Bricks with the transitions lenses and foam wind gasket and a pair of Oakley EyePatches. I love them both.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Hillbilly Sailor
626 Posts
Pyramex Mini-Ztek Safety Glasses - Perfect For Small-Thin Faces

When I worked sheet metal the company bought these for us and one day I couldn't find my regular riding glasses and threw these on and rode in. They are the best I have found. I have had foam gasket glasses and these are better. They are small and fit so tight they really don't let air in. Plus they are comfortable, plus they are cheap.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Eyewear

I wear $5.00 safety glasses. They are smoke, clear or dark. They are a bit big as I dont have a windshield either and they stick to my face. I need some foam around the frames or a new pair altogether. :thumbsup

·
Registered
3 Posts
Wiley X

I have bought 5 pair of glasses in the past year because my eyes teared so much that especially at night I could not see the on coming traffic. I talked with a guy who was in the military and also a rider and he recommended Wiley X glasses. They are military grade and used in areas with high winds and guarantee no tears. They are expensive on the Wiley X website (some close to $200), but you can get them at Amazon.com for under $100. They come with smoke lenses and clear lenses that are easily interchangeable. I really like these glasses and won't ride without them!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Blues Brothers

Oddly enough what I am wearing now are the best I have ever had. Bausch and Laumb RayBan Wayfarers. Quality lens' and not wrap around. No wind gets in my eyes! I found them at a yard sale for $5. They retail around $250.

·
Beer Enthusiast
324 Posts
I buy these by the case. I've paid as little as 99 cents and as much as $2 a pair.
When they get scratched I chunk 'em and grab another pair. I keep clear and tinted. They are the best riding glasses I've found. (there are different brands that are the same style that are just as good)

Starlite Safety Glasses, Gateway Starlite Light Weight Glasses , Safety Sun Glasses
I agree! I always have atleast a half dozen of tinted and clear on hand. When the supply gets low I just raid the safety trailer at work and restock.. I wear em for work and pleasure..

·
Rider
1,541 Posts
I like Smith or Suncloud sunglasses. A lot of their styles wrap around your face and prevent a lot of wind and objects from getting in my eyes. They also fit snug so that if you do have to dig in your eye they don't blow off.

·
Turgid Member
1,248 Posts
I had $250 left to spend in last years medical flex spending account so I bought a pair of Tommy Hilfiger heavy framed black wrap around sunglass frames and prescription shatter resistant lenses. They are soooo much better than cheapo sunglasses. Got to have shatter resistant or even the smallest debris or big bug can shatter a cheap plastic or glass lens.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Oddly enough what I am wearing now are the best I have ever had. Bausch and Laumb RayBan Wayfarers. Quality lens' and not wrap around. No wind gets in my eyes! I found them at a yard sale for $5. They retail around $250.
Ray Bans typically have glass lenses.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Wal Mart is selling Wiley X under the name DX now. You can find them in the optical dept. They are manufactured by Wiley X. I don't know what the differences are.

·
In the wind
2 Posts
Anti fog

Been riding for lots of years and have tried tons of different eyewear.. A couple of years ago I bouight a pair of prescription glasses at my eye doctor's that are the best riding glasses I've found. They are made by LIBERTY SPORT
I got them with transition lens for day or night riding. They also have a removable gasket that seals the wind out and can be taken out to use as regular glasses/sunglasses. Kind of pricey but I have 20K+ miles on them and wouldn't trade them for anything.

For the fogging with glasses or goggles that fit snug around the eyes I use Liberty Sport anti-fog. Rub a little on the lens with your finger then buff it off. Works great.

21 - 40 of 87 Posts