Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New rider and new forum member here. I have an 08 SG I want to put a security system on. Any recommendations?

I've also been reading a gazillion speaker reviews and may have it narrowed down to a couple, Thanks

·
Boooya!!!
2,767 Posts
Rotweiler.

as far as speakers i think the Hertz Hcx130 are the best bang for the buck. Also try an amplifier. most people upgrade speakers and do not realize that the speaker needs more power to give it it's optimum sound. one effects the other. thge better speaker has more dynamic range and handles more power. that speaker needs more power to deliver better dynamic range. i have used all sorts of hi end speakers all the way up to Focal Kevlar $700.00 per pair. that can be overboard for most. i have been using the Hertz for two years now and even Biketronics started using them and put their own label on it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your comments. The DGD sounds good, I read thru the link, one guy states that all the bikes electronics "go dead" when alarm is set. I wonder about the radio/clock?

I like being able to bypass the system with signal sequence in case the fob is lost....or I'm in the middle of nowhere and get cell service to cal the DGD number.

I have some hertz speakers coming. Debating on the amp....

·
Registered
151 Posts
If they can get past the fob, fork lock and kryptionite cable,

they can have the darn thing, and Progressive will get me another

·
Curmudgeon
7,039 Posts

I knew this guy Dave who used Progressive. Just saying

·
Registered
89 Posts

<G> Yeah. I got the pager for the alarm and would put it in the room with me and Nita when on the road. Then one day I thought..wtf you gonna do if it goes off and you look out the window and there's 4 guys throwing the bikes in a pickup? Call Progressive, that's what.
Bob

·
Curmudgeon
7,039 Posts
Yes how good don't know, some of the dealers in ma. are starting to sell them.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Does Lojack have anything for bikes that is any good?
Heck, most stolen bikes are in pieces at a chop shop in short order and you probably don't want it back anyway. IMO Lojack is mostly to help LEO's bust them. I guess that's satisfying in a way but I think if your bike's been stolen it's history.

Bob

1 - 12 of 12 Posts