Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I just put on LEDS on my 883 and turned on my motorcycle and the red key is now on speedometer. No fob, or alarm system and still runs.

What does this mean?
Could it be the new LEDS causing it?
Also, the blinking frequency is more rapid. It this normal?

·
Registered
896 Posts
Did these leds come with instructions? I put the Custom Dynamics Pro series on my Ultra. The last step was to set the key switch to run, withe the run stop switch set to stop. Then activate the four way (Hazard lights) for 4 or 5 minutes. Then turn off everything. Lastly start the bike as normal. This resets the computer?? I have yet to put them on the Sportster,(XL 1200 C) but that will be my next upgrade for it.
EDIT: I know my 17 Sporty requires a load equalizer (the green box) from Custom Dynamics.

Reactions: WiSeNhEiMeR

·
Registered
38,466 Posts
What year motorcycle? Older bikes werent designed for LED turn signals. Newer bikes need to be programmed to work with LED signals.

·
Registered
896 Posts
What year motorcycle? Older bikes werent designed for LED turn signals. Newer bikes need to be programmed to work with LED signals.
2013 in the title... I missed that too, at first. What year did they come out with plug n play?

Reactions: WiSeNhEiMeR
1 - 5 of 5 Posts