Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I swapped out my bulbs in my marker lights to LED's on my '13 Street Glide. Now the red key light on my speedometer stays on. The bike runs fine but the light will not go out.

·
Retired citizen
24,100 Posts
I swapped out my bulbs in my marker lights to LED's on my '13 Street Glide. Now the red key light on my speedometer stays on. The bike runs fine but the light will not go out.
Did you install the ballast module ?

Reactions: 1/2 Ton

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
What Schmidty said ^^^^^^^^^ First!
and did turn the key on, run-switch on, bike off, 4 way flashers on, for about 2 minutes. Then key off, everything else off. (This was on my 14) Assuming the BCM / ECM is related.

·
Retired citizen
24,100 Posts
OP's 2013 SG still has the TSM/TSSM not the BCM so I think OP needs a module like a Badlands or Kuryakyn load equalizer. The Badlands module from J&P #381-877 for $65.99 would work IMO. Oh and it's plug n play too.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OP's 2013 SG still has the TSM/TSSM not the BCM so I think OP needs a module like a Badlands or Kuryakyn load equalizer. The Badlands module from J&P #381-877 for $65.99 would work IMO. Oh and it's plug n play too.
I just ordered the Badlands Load Equalizer. I will update as soon as I install it. Thank you for the information.

·
Retired citizen
24,100 Posts
What gets me is that these companies sell those LED kits but don't advise to use a load equalizer. But In some instances the equalizers aren't required as with the newer Harleys with BCM lighting controllers. The BCMs only need to be reconfigured for LEDs is all, no additional parts or modules.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What gets me is that these companies sell those LED kits but don't advise to use a load equalizer. But In some instances the equalizers aren't required as with the newer Harleys with BCM lighting controllers. The BCMs only need to be reconfigured for LEDs is all, no additional parts or modules.
I agree, as I would have ordered the package together and avoided the issue.

·
Registered
40,764 Posts
What year did that change?

·
Retired citizen
24,100 Posts
I think the change to BCMs was in 2011 on the Softail models.
Touring models got BCMs in 2014.
Says Ronnies Parts Fiche.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just ordered the Badlands Load Equalizer. I will update as soon as I install it. Thank you for the information.
So, my Badlands Load Equalizer III module arrived late last night and I felt the need to immediately install it. Just to be clear, my blinkers WERE flashing improperly so the indication for the module was correct as indicated by SCHMIDTY. The module went in easy and corrected the blinker issue as well as my "red key" problem. Thank you all for the great recommendation.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts