Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my buddy and I are taking off for a ride. My "red key" light is on. What does it mean. I have an '07 Heritage. Help!

·
MPG'S? Who gives a
9,925 Posts
When was the last time you changed the Fob battery ?

·
Registered
7,340 Posts

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
Really..... Crap. It is a solid red light. There goes the ride today. Thanks.
It may not mean anything significant. My 2004 Heritage threw a high voltage code two or three times during the time I owned it. Have you replaced any fuses, bulbs or anything lately? Has the battery been unhooked and re-hooked? Sometimes little stuff can trigger a code.

I think the 2007 bike has o2 sensors. A little bad gas could even trigger a code.

I'd check the codes. It only takes a couple minutes and requires no tools at all. It may be nothing to be concerned with. You can also use the same procedure to clear the code. If it doesn't come back, it is probably something not worth worrying about. You just need to pull the code.

That same thread I listed above also has the lookup table for all the codes so you can see what is going on.

·
VA Fender Bender
5,551 Posts
I looked for a sticky on checking dtc on 13 models. Did not see one. Does the 2010 sticky by Dave63 apply to 2013.

·
VA Fender Bender
5,551 Posts
Also does the red key stay on when a code is stored? My red key goes out when I start the engine.
Sorry for your issues fireandice. Hope it was nothing

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
Also does the red key stay on when a code is stored? My red key goes out when I start the engine.
Sorry for your issues fireandice. Hope it was nothing
I believe that the light stays on a little longer at start up if you have a stored code. It will clear after 50 cycles if nothing triggers it again, or you can clear it manually using the process posted.

·
VA Fender Bender
5,551 Posts
Thanks guys gonna check mine shortly.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts