Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 08 Ultra. The bike runs fine but the red security light stays on constantly. Buttonless key fob with a new battery. I followed the procedures above and the bike will run without the fob, but the light will not go out. Help.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
I have an 08 Ultra. The bike runs fine but the red security light stays on constantly. Buttonless key fob with a new battery. I followed the procedures above and the bike will run without the fob, but the light will not go out. Help.
It could be something as simple as one of your signal or running lights is out. The key light stays on if you have a blown bulb.

If not that, check the diagnostic codes (DTC) as is laid out in the stickies in this area of the forum,

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks casarms. That was helpful. I have a code that will not clear of b1124 Right Turn Output Short To Ground. Just have to track that down now.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
Thanks casarms. That was helpful. I have a code that will not clear of b1124 Right Turn Output Short To Ground. Just have to track that down now.

Could be a pinched wire or one that the insulation is worn off. May just be you got some moisture in the housing and the bulb base rusted.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just need to start at one end of that circuit and work back. At least I know what circuit to look at. Shorts can be a b*#@& to find sometimes. Maybe I'll get lucky.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts