Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried searching for this however did not see anything, has anyone put on the reduced reach handle bars on a street glide? I am 5'9" with short arms so I seem to be reaching forward that my arms are straight out when riding. The description seems like they may come back to far and my dealer does not have a fitment station. So thought I would see if anyone had put them on. Also open to aftermarket as well if there are any suggestions. Thanks for any help.

·
Mountain Rider
1,343 Posts
Yes, I got the reduced reach bars on my 2014 Street Glide and they are making all the difference to me in comfort and in the curves. They are the ones that are 2 inches closer. They were expensive as they required 3 hours of labor to install but for me, comfort is everything when you ride long days on a trip. I feel more in control too, more aggressive in the curves.

Batwing Reduced Reach Handlebar-56176-08 | Handlebars | Official Harley-Davidson Online Store

I am 5' 9 also BTW.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I have a set of reduced reach bars on my shelf I liked them but went with Yaffe MBB. I paid $160 for em at Harley but if you want to try em out Id let em go for $50 they are perfect chrome and only on my bike for 3 mo.Mine is an 09 SG , if yours is a 14 may not work for you

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a set of reduced reach bars on my shelf I liked them but went with Yaffe MBB. I paid $160 for em at Harley but if you want to try em out Id let em go for $50 they are perfect chrome and only on my bike for 3 mo.Mine is an 09 SG , if yours is a 14 may not work for you

PM me and I will buy them. Thanks.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Well worth the money imho. I have them on my '14 S G and they went along way in curing my lower back ache issues on long rides. The stock bars suck. But then the Mo Co knows this. The whole idea is to make you up grade and spend more money.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys For the advice I am going to put them on. Figured they would make a difference.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts