Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2011 street glide from Pennsylvania with 4000K mile on it. It doesn't have a California emissions sticker on it. Dmv won't register it without it. Any idea's?

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
move or sell it, if ya cant move then deal with it.... yer commie buddies have your best interest at heart.. :nod

oh, who are you anyway??

hint;hint,,,,, do an intro

·
Large Member
104 Posts
Why you asking here? This is for 30+ year old bikes. Ask in the correct area and you'll most likely get your answer. I'm just sayin....;)

·
Banned
1,604 Posts
Why you asking here? This is for 30+ year old bikes. Ask in the correct area and you'll most likely get your answer. I'm just sayin....;)
I would think a comrade in a fellow communist republic like NJ would be more cordial!

Just register it at your 'vacation home' in PA! :know

·
Registered
650 Posts
I bought a 2011 street glide from Pennsylvania with 4000K mile on it. It doesn't have a California emissions sticker on it. Dmv won't register it without it. Any idea's?
Didn't you research this before you bought the bike.

·
Large Member
104 Posts
I would think a comrade in a fellow communist republic like NJ would be more cordial!

Just register it at your 'vacation home' in PA! :know
I didn't mean that to be negative, just tryin to help the guy out. Guys with newer bikes like his would be way more helpful, since older bikes in this area are exempt from emissions in most states. NJ don't don't inspect bikes at all anymore. Not that it makes any difference here.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think he needs to research it more. I would expect he could get a CA-Emisssions legal sticker (issued by CA) if he can pass CA Emissions for that year bike. But he needs to do the legwork and find out for sure what exactly is the situation and what exactly are his options, and those answers come from the State.

I do know that you can do engine swaps, get tested for compliance with possibly just a sniffer test if it's' ODBI, and then there are regs about exhaust (must be original; i.e. no fabbed headers), cat must be present, etc. Then you get passed and you are good to go. ODBII? Way more hoops to jump through. There must be some mechanism to get this bike registered.

He could start with reading the statutes; they are probably available somewhere online. He needs to be informed when he talks to people with the State so that no Wild Goose Chases emerge.

And yeah, wrong forum.

·
Registered
34 Posts
It has 100% to do with mileage. California will allow a 49 state vehicle to be registered once it reaches 7k miles. This is intended to prevent Californians from going to Nevada, Arizona, and Oregon to purchase new cars/bikes. Once it has 7k miles, it does not matter if it has California emissions... And no issue registering.

·
Been There Done That
228 Posts
It has 100% to do with mileage. California will allow a 49 state vehicle to be registered once it reaches 7k miles. This is intended to prevent Californians from going to Nevada, Arizona, and Oregon to purchase new cars/bikes. Once it has 7k miles, it does not matter if it has California emissions... And no issue registering.
Find a buddy with a similar bike but more than 7000 mi , "borrow" his speedo for half a day go down and register. walllla :usa

·
Wayward Son
23,286 Posts
uh Guys. This thread was started back in April. Good advice given.
But sure hope he has long had the problem solved.

·
Village Idiot
2,300 Posts
Yup, three posts total from the OP, all of them in this thread and, poof...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts