Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a set of Reinhart slip-ons for my '08 electra glide...the dealer is telling me I don't need to adjust anything or add a Power Commander when I install them. Is that right?

·
Most Wanted
534 Posts
I would agree with that. Put em on and enjoy.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I'll do just that.

Looks like I have a project for the weekend. :thumb

·
Shovelhead
391 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I'll do just that.

Looks like I have a project for the weekend. :thumb
Seacoast, just FYI it should only take 30 min. to install the slip ons with out any remap util I put the bigger aircleaner on.
Just remember that the Rinehart true dual mufflers have a bigger inlet. If you plan on eventually turning them into true duals you will have to use a different head pipe like V&H or Samson. I know this from doing just that. If I would have known this prior I would have bought the true dual set up in the first place. They sound much better too. Hope this helps. Good luck. :thumb

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. It's good to know, but I can't do the full exhaust right now. I need some time to recover from the initial hit. :1drink

·
Registered
80 Posts
I am interested in doing the same thing. Let me know how they sound. I have a 09 EG Classic and want something that has some sound but will let me enjoy tunes while cruising. I also am recovering from the bike buy and some chrome and lighting add ons so slip ons with no further motor upgrades are my ticket as well-for now.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Im looking to put reinhart true duals on my new 09 Ultra, has anyone seen if they have them for the new routing under the frame?
I had them on my 06 and wouldn't put anything else on.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
I just picked up a set of Rinehart Slip on Pipes, I cannot wait to get them in and install them to see the difference.

2009 Road Glide - Red Sunglo

·
Most Wanted
534 Posts
That's a good price there on ebay. I got mine through drag specialties for around $490.00.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts