Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I've been around this forum for a while before finally joining up. I don't regret it at all, just that it took forever to do. Anyway since I'm short 5'7" and used to riding with forward controls for most of the time. The floorboards on my 08 Fatboy seem to be too far forward for my and I end up riding with my heels hanging off the backside. I was wondering if anyone has tried to relocate the brackets or the factory boards to the rear, there are plenty of companies that move them forward. Any help would be great, or I might just end up buying the Long Riders from HD.

·
Super Moderator
4,291 Posts
Do you know if someone already moved them forward? If you bought it used a taller rider may have moved them, then you just need to retrograde. I am about the same height and I rode several with floorboards. Usually my heels are center of the boards.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
Obviously, you'd want to do your homework, but you may be able to use a forward extension kit and flop the brackets to the opposite sides and back them up.

That said, the Long Rider boards look very cool. You should just do that!!! :)

·
Addicted Since 2010
7,845 Posts
Obviously, you'd want to do your homework, but you may be able to use a forward extension kit and flop the brackets to the opposite sides and back them up.

That said, the Long Rider boards look very cool. You should just do that!!! :)
What about linkage in that case though??

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Addicted Since 2010
7,845 Posts
What linkage?
Brake and shift linkage.
When you buy a floor board relocation kit doesn't it move the shifter and brake too, requiring longer linkage? Therefore going in reverse would mean you would need shorter linkage which the kit doesn't have.
Never moved floorboards though so I guess I really have no idea I was just trying to help...

And would up confusing things more. Don't mind me, carry on!

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
Brake and shift linkage.
When you buy a floor board relocation kit doesn't it move the shifter and brake too, requiring longer linkage? Therefore going in reverse would mean you would need shorter linkage which the kit doesn't have.
Never moved floorboards though so I guess I really have no idea I was just trying to help...

And would up confusing things more. Don't mind me, carry on!

Softails (and touring bikes) don't have those controls attached to the boards in any way. You can move them without incident.

Some guys like to extend the shifter. I have done mine 1" up and out on both bikes. I never saw the need for the shifter extension.

I do like the brake pedal a little longer. I just haven't done that to my EGC yet. I had the Walter woods on my Heritage. It was the shizzle.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey, many Thanks to all for the ideas. I am just going to mill off the bracket attachments on the floorboard itself and fab up a new mount placement on the bottom. I like the original boards just the placement is off for me. Thanks again.

·
Addicted Since 2010
7,845 Posts
Softails (and touring bikes) don't have those controls attached to the boards in any way. You can move them without incident.

Some guys like to extend the shifter. I have done mine 1" up and out on both bikes. I never saw the need for the shifter extension.

I do like the brake pedal a little longer. I just haven't done that to my EGC yet. I had the Walter woods on my Heritage. It was the shizzle.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
Good to know.. Learn something new everyday!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts