Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a random question, I have a 15 rg witha screaming eagle intake and 4" rhineharts and v&h headers. Question is this I just dropped it off a the dealer for a remap cause I am told it's needed . Is it needed? Will the bike work better? Faster? Louder maybe I hope ?

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
Unless you bought the Screamin Eagle Race Tuner, and are paying for dyno time, IMO you won't notice any difference. The dealer is bound by EPA rules to keep the engine in regulation, so it will come back to you running @ 14:7 - 1 air/fuel. The ECM on new bikes can all by itself compensate for free flowing pipes and air cleaner.
Lots of different opinions, the above is just mine.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just got a V&H FP3 and remaped my 2014 Slim ,I run v&h short shots and arlen ness big sucker 2 , dealer remap sucked ,but the V&H remap turned the bike into a real bike. if I'm not careful the front wheel comes up when I hit 2nd 3rd and 4th , and no more back fire and popping when I let off on the gas.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a 2005 FLSTFI (Fat Boy). I bought it over 3 years ago from my uncle. It already had 2-into-1 thunderheaders on it. I purchased and installed the Fuel Moto EFI tuner and a big sucker (it had a stock air filter). For me performance was night and day. As I mentioned on another post it felt like I had taken training wheels of my bike. I did all the instillation myself for under $400 (including shipping and tax) and I feel like it is the best money I've spent on my bike thus far.

P.S. When I bought the bike it had never been mapped. When I took it into my mechanic for my 10,000 mi service he told me that my plugs where white and my bike was running lean. He informed me that I should map it ASAP and was going to charge me more than double what it cost me to do it myself.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Here's my story: My 09 RK with KnN filter, V&H slip-ons and Fuel Pak,
had one of the cylinders conk out. This happened on two different occasions. My independent mechanic, who is very competent and honest, indicated that the Fuel Pak was faulty-a problem not limited to me. He instructed me on how to yank it out, and said it would run fine, but lean. So he gave me some options to make it right. I settled on the Power Vision (I think that was the name), and the bike runs like a top. There is no hardware installed, but a license is required, which stays with the bike if further changes are made. I think the license and map were around $400., but if I add cams later, it won't cost much at all to re-map. I really happy with the bike and the mechanic.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.