Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
More like don't be a dipsh!t. Left the motor running while he fueled up.

·
Registered
11,790 Posts
Well, even during a "senior moment" I am always cognizant enough to shut my bike off before fueling. But...., I found another "hazard" the hard way. I was en route to C2 and stopped for gas somewhere in Branson. Opened fuel door, unscrewed cap, inserted my credit card & keyed my zip code, selected premium and removed the hose and was sticking it in the tank when it seems like a pint or more of gas spilled all over the top of my tank and was running down towards the motor. Not only was there still gas in the hose the dipshit or azzhole that last used that pump left the squeeze handle in the locked position.

Lesson learned that day: Always make sure the squeeze handle isn't locked "on" and also, before moving the hose over the bike point it at the ground first to see if any gas remains in the hose.

·
Keep on Ridin’
8,054 Posts
Don't even get me started on retard behavior at the refueling pump.

I just leave. So that I don't end being jailed for assault on an imbecile.

--

·
Harley Rider
10,488 Posts
Don't use your lighter to look in the tank to see how much fuel you have.

·
American
28,662 Posts
Exactly, use a match! :rollin
For all the idiots do not try this at home. It is a joke!

·
Vanilla Gorilla
1,384 Posts
That's one expensive fuel stop!

·
Registered
11,790 Posts
A recent youtube video from a security camera caught a guy refueling his car, saw a spider on or around the little door you open to get to the gas cap and tried to use his lighter to kill the spider. Yep, there was a flash and a boom. Hope they make him pay for the damage to the pump.

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,958 Posts
I always love the ones standing there pumping gas with a cigarette or cigar hanging out of their mouth.

·
Registered
42,094 Posts
I always love the ones standing there pumping gas with a cigarette or cigar hanging out of their mouth.
Last time I went to get gas for my bike, there was some guy in a pickup sitting there with his kid on his lap, window wide open at the pumps smoking a cigarette.... :nah

·
Hard Member
3,255 Posts
On my first tour in Italy I stopped to fuel my car. The gas attendant had a lit cigarette in his mouth, so I asked him to throw it away or snuff it. He said no, cigarettes cost too much. I ended up giving him a new american pack of cowboy killers to get him to throw it out.

·
Curmudgeon
7,040 Posts
1st time around didn't see he was burned. Apology

·
Nocturnal Ancestor
6,781 Posts
Lots of time refueling in hot hot dry summer afternoon after miles of riding I kinda think about the whole process, hot azz motor, gas, just kinda sorta think about it!! :thumb

·
American
28,662 Posts
Lots of time refueling in hot hot dry summer afternoon after miles of riding I kinda think about the whole process, hot azz motor, gas, just kinda sorta think about it!! :thumb
^^^ truth

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Hmm, I wonder what other bad things could happen while refueling your motorcycle?

Reactions: Silverback

·
Keep on Ridin’
8,054 Posts
It doesn't take long for an air-cooled engine to cool down. Whenever possible, it's probably a good idea to go inside and get your drink, use the restroom, etc., before you refuel to lessen the danger. It's basically the same scenario as refueling a hot lawn mower, where the tank is in close proximity to the engine and exhaust parts.

Those people that smoke at the pump obviously have never been burned or known anybody who has sustained clinical burns.

--

·
Call me Gig.
3,964 Posts
Earlier this summer I watched a pick-up pull up to the gas pump behind me an four kids hopped out one with a plastic gas can. He was wearing what was basically a plastic basketball uniform and started filling the gas can from the pump while hold and moving the can against his uniform. I mentioned he should put that on the ground to fill it. His dad, in the truck gave me a dirty look and I'm pretty sure I heard the word "Cracker" but was otherwise ignored. I just pulled out my phone and started shooting video just in case.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts