Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Woohooo!!! I finished my winter project already!! Here are the pics. If you have a Road King, you will recogngize right away what I did. The license plate goes below the tailight now. It is lit up with blue LEDS. The red LEDS where the license bar was flash when the brakes are applied. It looks much more smooth and clean in my opinion. You can also see the dual trumpet air horn I put on in late fall. 128dB of get the **** back in your lane!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
89 Posts
Woohooo!!! I finished my winter project already!! Here are the pics. If you have a Road King, you will recogngize right away what I did. The license plate goes below the tailight now. It is lit up with blue LEDS. The red LEDS where the license bar was flash when the brakes are applied. It looks much more smooth and clean in my opinion. You can also see the dual trumpet air horn I put on in late fall. 128dB of get the **** back in your lane!!!!
Did you cut the bar off the side brackets or find new brackets without the bar?

·
Registered
89 Posts

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Just caught this. Doh! That does look nice. And so does the bike... just strikes me as looking different than the pics I saw of it in CO -- like the one before the rain near Castlewood SP. Guess me memory is fading!

·
Road Glide
348 Posts
Nice job. All the Ultra Classics in Europe have the license plate there, because if it's above the rear light the tour pack hides the plate from the speed cameras.
We have pretty large plates compared to America, my plate is about an inch each way too small to be legal.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thank you for the info. I have been wanting to eliminate the grab bar. It seems if you are not going to a rack or tour pack it is not needed.

Note that even if you're running a Tour Pak you can remove it, not certain about the rack. Some folks don't like the looks of the detach hardware though....yea I need the laydown talilight lens.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hogg831 said:
Note that even if you're running a Tour Pak you can remove it, not certain about the rack. Some folks don't like the looks of the detach hardware though....yea I need the laydown talilight lens.
I was thinking that my next purchase would be the color matched filler strips like you have. It looks great. How long did the install take? I have taken the rear end apart so much over the last year, I'm not sure I want to do it again.

The part # for the laydown light from J and P is 3400433 Lay Down Red Tail Light Lens (bottom tag window)

·
Registered
27 Posts
What is the laydown taillight lens? Wondering if this is similar to the Duece lense? Anyone know if this would fit the UC?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Nice job did the same thing to my bike. Be carefull if you have to take one of the lense caps off. I broke one of the 3 plastic tabs that hold it on. I got a hold of Kuryakin and they sent me a package of 2 more for free!. Thats good customer service. Havent had any problem since and they look better than the HD ones.

·
when did it start 4u
2,051 Posts
holy old thread batman

1 - 14 of 14 Posts