Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys and girls,
Just joined. I'm from the UK. I will be in Chicago in mid October on holiday and want to rent a HD. Where is the best place to go to.

·
Senile Member
1,710 Posts
Where to go to rent a bike or where to go to ride?
and
Who and why on earth would anyone go to Chicago for a vacation? You should skip the trip and send who ever you're visiting the trip money so they can afford to move.

just kidding...

·
THE Yuppie Outlaw
10,081 Posts
Hi guys and girls,
Just joined. I'm from the UK. I will be in Chicago in mid October on holiday and want to rent a HD. Where is the best place to go to.
Where in Chicago are you staying? What kind of riding are you looking to do? You know it's going to be coldish, right?

Where to go to rent a bike or where to go to ride?
and
Who and why on earth would anyone go to Chicago for a vacation? You should skip the trip and send who ever you're visiting the trip money so they can afford to move.

just kidding...
Hey now. Chicago is a very beautiful city.......as long as you are just visiting.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
THE Yuppie Outlaw
10,081 Posts

·
Senile Member
1,710 Posts
[Hey now. Chicago is a very beautiful city.......as long as you are just visiting.

First and last time I was in Shicago I got shot in the head by a bb gun. I was walking with a coworker downtown going from a restaurant to a bar, we passed an by an ally and crack! I got shot in head. I got to the bar and went to the bathroom, and was in enough pain to not feel more and squeezed the BB back out the hole and it dropped into the sink for a second long enough for me to see it and then went down the drain.
Needless to say the next time a field service assignment came up for Shicago I told my manager to send someone else. :fitz

·
Registered
377 Posts
To go riding, there are some beautiful rides to the north into Wisconsin. To rent, I don't have a clue where to go.

·
Turgid Member
1,248 Posts
In addition to what's already been said..make sure you wear a diaper and have your medical insurance paid up. I commuted to Chicago for 9 years and you couldn't pay me enough money to drive anywhere near that mess today.

If you can make it out of the area ride over to Michigan and up the west coast. It's beautiful and traffic is sparse. This is where everyone from Chicago rolls to on weekends to get away from there.

·
THE Yuppie Outlaw
10,081 Posts
In addition to what's already been said..make sure you wear a diaper and have your medical insurance paid up. I commuted to Chicago for 9 years and you couldn't pay me enough money to drive anywhere near that mess today.

If you can make it out of the area ride over to Michigan and up the west coast. It's beautiful and traffic is sparse. This is where everyone from Chicago rolls to on weekends to get away from there.
Ah, New Buffalo, Michigan.......The Chicago Rivera as it's known.......

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
Just drive around the 'burbs until you see a black and gold Road King sitting in a garage. It's free as long as you bring it back when you are done. If it doesn't have ape hangers on it, it's not the right one. Keep looking.

Seriously though, bring some warm clothes. You can very easily freeze your ninnys off in Chi-Town in October.

·
Glad to be anywhere
4,315 Posts
To each his own. Traffic is what it is; however, the town has so much to offer, see and do.

Yes bring a good leather jacket and some chaps or at least long underwear. And don't forget the gloves and eye protection.

And if it's not raining, I'm up for a ride up Lake Shore Drive to the Bahi Temple. Maybe I'll make it this time.
(I didn't like sailing in the rain either JP)

·
THE Yuppie Outlaw
10,081 Posts
To each his own. Traffic is what it is; however, the town has so much to offer, see and do.

Yes bring a good leather jacket and some chaps or at least long underwear. And don't forget the gloves and eye protection.

And if it's not raining, I'm up for a ride up Lake Shore Drive to the Bahi Temple. Maybe I'll make it this time.
(I didn't like sailing in the rain either JP)
lmao.....I love sailing the rain.

I also love golfing in the rain.

·
Glad to be anywhere
4,315 Posts
lmao.....I love sailing the rain.

I also love golfing in the rain.
JP . . . . what a romantic!

there's a pic of my sailboat (click on 9 - images under my avatar)

I mean used to be my sailboat

PS, I don't like flying in the rain either.

·
Turgid Member
1,248 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Chicago was on my bucket list but I'm not so sure now. I am going to NYC for 3 days with a mate then he is going back so I thought I would have a week to myself. I want to do a trip on Amtrak as well. So the plan was an overnight to Chicago have a couple of days there, rent a bike for 3 or 4 days then fly back to NYC then home. But I'm open to suggestions, where else could I get to overnight on the train and a flight back to NYC and get a bit of biking in. Just a dream to ride a HD in USA. Could I head South instead would that be better considering its mid October ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just had another thought, I could hire a bike out of NYC for 3 or 4 days go for a blast some where then return and get my train journey in, maybe Boston for the day. Should I start a new theme about rides out of NYC ?

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I'm right outside of NYC. You could run north through the catskill mountains. Only problem I see is it starts getting cold by then. (October). Take the train down to Florida for Biketoberfest?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts