Appear 9999999, how can I change it to the real km I did
Thanks for your help
eliran

#4 ·
hello
I have fatboy 2013
I installed new speedometer PN 74777-11A
the speedometer screen show 999999 km
my bike has plug with 6 pins and the cable adapter that i got with the speedometer has 4 holes and i have problem to connect the speedometer to the plug so i couldn't transfer the real km data from the computer bike to the speedometer.
my dealer cant help and he dont has any idea how to solve this issue,
can any one help me how to solve it?
I tried more then 6 month also with harley but nothing.

Attachments

#6 ·
What Dozer said. I had to plug into ECM cable with cable you show in your picture, one with the red female end. Then follow instructions to input mileage from ECM which stores true mileage to new speedometer. Then install meter on bike to allow it to marry up to bike after 30 miles. I will go dig out my old speedo with cables see if it matches that cable with the white connector in your picture. That one does not look familiar.

#8 ·
Looks like they gave you adapter for older model Softails. One you pictured matches my adapter. Picture show model of my meter and years it fits. Its fuzzy but it will not fit your 2013. Need adapter to fit your speedometer, while other end still matches your ECM, Good Luck Stay Safe Over there.

Attachments

#9 ·
I have the instructions and follow as they write
I ride on the bike 30 miles but the real km still
Show 999999km
Harley said to me this is the correct cable
And I try to explan them that it not fit to my bike plug.
Is there any solotion to fix it?
Thanks.....

#10 ·
May be it looks like it does not fit. Have you tried to put it on? Go to your Harley dealer and ask to see another meter that fits your bike to see the cable? Ask if one of there Techs can do the hook up. Take your old meter with you compare connector ends. If there Tech cannot get it to work than its wrong one. Ride safe.

#11 ·
adapter cable

hi
i have FAT BOY 2013
i bought new speedometer (combination speedo/tach)
my bike has connetor with 6 pin but the adapter cable i got with the sppedometer has 4 pin.
my Question is how can i match between them
is it possible to connect between them?

thanks for your help

#13 ·
adapter cable for new speedometer

hi
i have FAT BOY 2013
i bought new speedometer (combination speedo/tach)
my bike has connetor with 6 pin but the adapter cable i got with the sppedometer has 4 pin.
my Question is how can i match between them
is it possible to connect between them?
attach some pictures
thanks for your help

Attachments

#14 ·
Is there really a reason to continually start new threads on this subject when you have MULTIPLE EXISTING threads already started????

#18 ·
If you are set on using what you have . Replace the cable ends . Take both plugs apart and replace on cable you will be using . Now all of that presupposes that you understand what each wire is used for .

4-wires are : light, ground, speedometer , tachometer .
6-wires are : light, ground, speedometer, ground, tachometer, ground .

#34 ·
I don't have any connections to source parts like that.

Call up HD Customer Care at the phone number Webco posted, and see if they can get you the cable you need.

#36 ·
The ECM data plug is under the seat. It will probably have a rubber or plastic cap over it to protect it. It is not the spedo plug. Have to use the data cable first with the spedo plugged into the ECM data connector under the seat per the instructions to upload the mileage. Then the data cable is not used anymore and you install the spedo where the old spedo was.

Do not ride the bike over 20 Kilometers with the new spedo before the data is correctly uploaded or it will most likely never work.

#37 ·
hi
i already ride the bike
i saw the plug under the seat
when i move out the ECM fuse and return it back i can see the real Kilometers for 7 seconds and then the speedo show again 9999999
the problem i dont have the corrcet data cable, i need data cable with 6 pins
and now i cant fix the real Kilometers
i called H-D and asked them for this cable
but i think they didnt understand and told me the cable cost 650$, is it real?????
so what should i do now? how can i fix it???

#40 ·
Although not solving your problem Eliran, as far as I'm aware, a 2013 Fatboy should not need an adapter cable fitted to learn the mileage.
On a Canbus model bike I believe the stored mileage in the ECM is directly transferred to the speedo over the can line once it is fitted to the speedo connector. As already stated it has a count down of 32 miles before it becomes "locked" to the bike.
The adaptor cable was for non Canbus model bikes which required the old speed to be connected to it so that the new speedo could "learn" the mileage.
Canbus bikes have a 6 pin data link connector whereas non Canbus have the 4 pin set up that the adaptor is made for.

Regardless of what your Harley shop say, you either have a faulty speedo from new, which is rare, or it is the wrong item to fit your model.

Have you tried re-installing your old speedo? A word of caution though...On a speedo install, the highest mileage on either the speedo or ECM is recorded and you may end up with your old speedo reading the same as the new one if the ECM now has 9999999 on it!

Good luck in solving the problem.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.