Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,these days i am thinking of replacing the carb from my Flht 2003 but wondering if it worth.I have on my bike,gear cams from S&S 510G,cobra dual headers with Damon mufflers,a KN open airfilter (screaming eagle),and my CV carb is tuned already.i wondering if the 42 mikuni easy kit will make any difference or not and if the S&S type E carb is too much for it.I really have a very good proportion Κhm/lt,as it is 6,5ltr /100Khm.do you think i will lost this?for a litre or 1,5 it will be ok i think but as i am not driving fast and i am a low profile driver i don't know if it worth it.
Thank you for your time.

·
Hit it she goes boom
5,114 Posts
Keep what you have. For general purpose street it's hard to beat.
^^^This. A CV carb is a good carb, you won't see much difference at all with a mikuni..don't get me wrong its a good carb too. IMHO. Only reason I replaced my CV was it could not be rebuilt. The performance and gas mileage on the CV was fine.

·
Registered
39,577 Posts
CV carb is good for ~100 hp.

·
Retired citizen
23,391 Posts
What you'll notice with the Mikuni and the open air cleaner is more noise from the carb. The diaphram slide makes a fluttering sound that can get quite loud.
Also no more performance than a well tuned CV.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i think i will follow your advices.as i told you i am a low profile driver so is not something that i really get fire to change on my bike.i just wondering if i am helping her to take a breath!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts