Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
On Probation
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready to have some new Commander II s put on and with close to 40,000 miles on her just wondering if I should have wheel bearings replaced as well. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
Rear anyway. I go through a set about every 50k.

·
09 Dyna Super Glide
1,691 Posts
I had the front and back replaced around 50k. They were still in good condition. Still, something as critical as a wheel bearing is a scheduled maintenance item in my book.

Pete

Getting ready to have some new Commander II s put on and with close to 40,000 miles on her just wondering if I should have wheel bearings replaced as well. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
11,996 Posts
Is 40K more for Touring bikes or most big twins like Softails & Dynas ?

·
South GA Redneck
3,898 Posts
With the new single row bearings, I would personally change them out. I found one starting to come apart om my 09 SG with only 18k on it. Since then, I keep a very close eye on em.

·
Registered
11,996 Posts
With the new single row bearings, I would personally change them out. I found one starting to come apart om my 09 SG with only 18k on it. Since then, I keep a very close eye on em.
Thanks for the info. The front wheel bearing on mine had a little rumble noise when I spun it while cleaning at 20K plus. Almost time for rear tire have rear bearings checked then. 32K on them now. Ride Safe.

·
Registered
11,996 Posts
They are not expensive.....why not be safe rather than sorry.

Doogle
Not to clear on my post, I did replace front bearings. Like you said better safe than sorry. Ride Safe :thumbsup

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,472 Posts
I'm not having any problems at this time with 45K on them, but next tire change will be after the 50K mark for front and rear so I'll probably replace both at that time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts