Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1998 FXD (EVO). When I bought the bike in 1998 I had upgraded with a stage one kit that included the screaming eagle exhaust. When it finally wore out three years ago, I bought an almost new stock exhaust off a 2006 FXD. I have been unhappy with the bike's performance and sound ever since. I want to replace it with something that will restore my bike's performance and sound but not be so loud as to cause my neighbors too much angst. Would like anyone's thoughts/recommendations would be appreciated.

·
Screw it, let's ride
290 Posts
You went from a stage 1 exhaust back to a restrictive stock exhaust? Were you happy with the sound and performance of the Screamin Eagle exhaust? If so, I have a set of Screamin Eagle slip ons that I took off my 97 Dyna that I will let you have for free if you'll just pay shipping costs. I don't need them, so if another Evo Dyna rider can put them to use I don't mind giving them away.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Replacment Exhaust

I would be interested. I did like the Screaming Eagles, but the new ones aren't quite the same. Let me know the cost of shipping and I will send you a check.

Terry

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No hurry. I really appreciate the offer. I grew up in Washington, out Mount Vernon way. I live in the South now, much longer riding season, but do miss the Mountain rides.

·
Dirty Member
1,142 Posts
You went from a stage 1 exhaust back to a restrictive stock exhaust? Were you happy with the sound and performance of the Screamin Eagle exhaust? If so, I have a set of Screamin Eagle slip ons that I took off my 97 Dyna that I will let you have for free if you'll just pay shipping costs. I don't need them, so if another Evo Dyna rider can put them to use I don't mind giving them away.
Another happy love story - Good job Ape Hanger, it is nice to have members help each other.

·
Screw it, let's ride
290 Posts
Sent ya a pm Old Goat, I need your address before I can do the shipping label online and figure out the cost of shipping.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts