Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! So my buddy rode my bike yesterday and filled it up while he was out. He did not put the reversed thread gas cap back on right and it came off while he was riding and wasn’t able to find it. Does anyone know if the local auto store will carry a reverse threaded cap?

·
Retired citizen
22,924 Posts
Hello all! So my buddy rode my bike yesterday and filled it up while he was out. He did not put the reversed thread gas cap back on right and it came off while he was riding and wasn’t able to find it. Does anyone know if the local auto store will carry a reverse threaded cap?
My guess is YES. Take the bike with ya, have them give ya the cap and take it out to your bike to try it. If it screws down and ratchets it's a done deal.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes sir I’m heading up there now to check that out I was just hoping somebody had an actual part number I know these guys are gonna look at me stupid when I ask for reverse threaded cap

·
Retired citizen
22,924 Posts
Looks like J&P has a few caps to fit your tank. 7200655, $12.99 or 7200360, $13.99 or a left and right matched set 7200355, $21.99.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts