Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 FLHP with an air-ride seat. I'd like to remove the trunk platform over the rear fender and replace it with chrome luggage rack, but I can't find a rack that will accommodate the air tank for the air-ride seat that rides under the existing flat platform on the bike.

Does anyone know of a company that makes racks that will fit the air tank underneath?

Thanks,
NJG

·
Flat Land Redneck
2,765 Posts
I drilled a small hole on the back of the saddlebag for the hose and used industrial strength velcro for the tank. I used the velcro to keep from drilling any more holes. It has never came loose or moved, the velcro has really strong tape on it. I got it from Walmart. It doesn't take up much more room than a pint of milk. Let us know what you decide to do. Good luck.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looking at the tank, it appears there is only one thin line leading from it to the seat. Is that the only line to move?

Thanks,
NJG

·
Flat Land Redneck
2,765 Posts
Yep, just the one line. That velcro I used comes in 2" x 6' rolls, so you can cut it to fit. This way if I ever decide to do something different, it won't leave any unnecessary holes. But one thing I can promise you. I'll never change seats, add a backrest and you have the cat's meow. Ride safe and enjoy.:ride

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I like what I saw on the Utopia website, and at about $230 it seems reasonable. Hopefully in the near future I'll have a new luggage rack and backrest. Thanks for all the advice.

NJG

·
Flat Land Redneck
2,765 Posts
I like what I saw on the Utopia website, and at about $230 it seems reasonable. Hopefully in the near future I'll have a new luggage rack and backrest. Thanks for all the advice.

NJG
Just bought a luggage rack that fits where my p-pad mounts for $44.00 on ebay. Quick on/off. I may not use it all the time, but there are times it'll come in handy. How's your seat situation coming along?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts