Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone that has seen my bike says change your pipes. I have a 2008 FXDSE. So it already came with SE pipes. Should they be changed or leave them alone?

·
Registered
39,564 Posts
Other than people telling you to change your pipes, what don't you like about them?

If nothing, then leave them alone.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Never owned a street bike before. It sounds good to me. I think i will take your advise and leave it alone.

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,196 Posts
I think I will take your advice and leave it alone
Good choice, my 95 inch LowRider has SE slip ons, they do the job and don't destroy my ears.

You should still wear earplugs, as much for wind noise as exhaust.

(Find a multi-story parking structure to rumble up, in a low gear,
you'll find it's a real hoot setting off all the car alarms) :ride

·
What?
3,256 Posts
That's the first thing I heard when I got my bike. I even had one guy say," Get you a hack saw and just cut the mufflers in half." Not the baffles mind you, the whole muffler. Yeah, ok whatever, there's some advice that will make you cringe.

Bottom line, like everyone has said, if YOU like them, and since it's on YOUR bike, then keep it like it is.

Congrats on the new bike.

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,196 Posts
There's a lot of guys, some old line Harley guys, some noobies, who thing it's desireable for a Harley to sound as harsh as 50 caliber machine gun and have about the same db. Not me.

My V-Rod is very quiet, by Harley standards, my LowRider is not, but it's not harsh either, and I can tell you, when you feel like running it hard, the quieter bike is a lot easier to run hard, a lot less conspicuous.

·
Registered
39,564 Posts
..... Be the pipe, Na na na na naaaaa ........

1 - 8 of 8 Posts