Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone mounted hard bags to thier heritage? I'm trying to do just that to my "08" and they won't fit with the heritage seat. Got any ideas? thanks. "Stroker"

·
Registered
1 Posts
Heritage with Hard bags

Has anyone mounted hard bags to thier heritage? I'm trying to do just that to my "08" and they won't fit with the heritage seat. Got any ideas? thanks. "Stroker"
Hey Stroker, I put a set of hard bags on my Heritage Softail.
I bought a set of used bags off a Ultra Classic, I had to buy two front mounting brackets and had to bend the rear bag guard down and out to fit the heritage, Here is a pic of what they look like, I didnt think it could be done but I finally got it.

·
The Northern *******
7,170 Posts
I have the cyclevisions kit on my 05 Night Train...she's a "Bagger Train" now...they'll fit the softail family...I have a good friend with hard bags on a springer and another friend with a Heritage...easy to install...costs about $500 retail with the filler panels..If you use the filler panels you can't use the saddlebag guards....looks cleaner without them...but you loose the protection...cyclevisions is out of San Diego, CA

·
Registered
26 Posts
Can any of you point me to a place to get hard bags to replace the stock bags on a 07 Road King Classic? I like the look of the hard bags much better.

·
The Northern *******
7,170 Posts
Hey jabRKC2007, try Ebay..there are always bags on there, some pricey, some not..When I did my hardbag conversion to my softail, I found mine at a local bike shop. not Harley dealer...paid the guy $450 for a set with hardware in great condition. came off an 07 Ultra Classic...they were vivid black, a quick trip to the paint shop and they are now black pearl...make sure you get the hardware with the bags, the hardware is above $300 from HD...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hard Bags

Allan, what pipes do you have? I'm going to do the same thing to my 03 Heritage; I have the Vance & Hines long shots and am worried about clearance.
Thanks
Stans

·
Registered
1 Posts
Road King Hard Bags On Heritage Softail Classic

I Just Sold My Softail's Soft Bags And Purchased Some Road King Hard Bags. Fyi>>>>if You Have Replaced Your Original Softail Pipes With True Dual Samson Fishtail Pipes, Your Hard Bags Will Not Fit. I Now Have To Replace My Pipes To The Skinny "cholo" Type Slip On. Im Sure The Bike Will Look Better. However, It Will Be Pricy! I Paid $500 For Bags With Hardware, $275 To Paint Bags And Now I Have To Replace With Slip On Pipes, $400. Plus Labor $300..$1,475.00

Beware!

·
Registered
672 Posts
I Just Sold My Softail's Soft Bags And Purchased Some Road King Hard Bags. Fyi>>>>if You Have Replaced Your Original Softail Pipes With True Dual Samson Fishtail Pipes, Your Hard Bags Will Not Fit. I Now Have To Replace My Pipes To The Skinny "cholo" Type Slip On. Im Sure The Bike Will Look Better. However, It Will Be Pricy! I Paid $500 For Bags With Hardware, $275 To Paint Bags And Now I Have To Replace With Slip On Pipes, $400. Plus Labor $300..$1,475.00

Beware!
Nobody ever claimed owning a Harley was cheap!:laugh:laugh

·
Registered
2 Posts
I want to do the same thing Allan

I bought a set of used bags off a Ultra Classic, I had to buy two front mounting brackets and had to bend the rear bag guard down and out to fit the heritage, Here is a pic of what they look like, I didnt think it could be done but I finally got it.

Could you send a little more detail such as mounting bracket part # please?

·
Lifetime Rider
49 Posts
Here's my 08 Heritage.... Batwing fairing, hard bags off an 09 Ultra Classic. Good luck with your remake...

Attachments

·
Registered
220 Posts
My question is why own a Heritage if you're going to do that? You know you can get the HD modification kit that allows you to lock the Heritage soft bags? It even straightens out the
sags that develop over time.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
My question is why own a Heritage if you're going to do that? You know you can get the HD modification kit that allows you to lock the Heritage soft bags? It even straightens out the
sags that develop over time.
Gotta agree...IMO a heritage is what it is. I looked at one but really wanted the fat boy solid wheels and lower bars. And I couldn't bring myself to modify a heritage that way. It looks too good just like it is.

Boss Bags makes a lid reinforcement for the heritage bags too. Takes care of that sag.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey Allan love the retrofit because I do not want to relocate turn sinsls. Can you take photos of bracket attachments so I can see how you fit it?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Love the look and it looks like you did not relocate the turn signals. I am doing a '94 Heritage. What bracket system did you use for hard saddlebags and how did you match paint on the bags?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Here's my 08 Heritage.... Batwing fairing, hard bags off an 09 Ultra Classic. Good luck with your remake...
Love the look and it looks like you did not relocate the turn signals. I am doing a '94 Heritage. What bracket system did you use for hard saddlebags and how did you match paint on the bags?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Allan, what pipes do you have? I'm going to do the same thing to my 03 Heritage; I have the Vance & Hines long shots and am worried about clearance.
Thanks
Stans
I don't want to replace my turn signal bar, what did you do with your turn signals if you used the Cyclevisions Baggertail?

·
Registered
5 Posts
hardbags

I'm wanting to put hard bags on my 06 heritage softail and was wondering if their was a particular year on the ultra that i had to get the hard bags off of? Did you just use the hardware off the ultra to put it on your softail? thank you for your help

1 - 20 of 23 Posts