Harley Davidson Forums banner
181 - 200 of 220 Posts

·
weird member
3,060 Posts
Ugh, I hate misty rain. It just builds up on the visor, not big enough drops to blow off and you can't see worth a damn. Regular rain is much more preferable to mist.

Reactions: 6113

·
245 Posts
You are completely correct. I wound up taking my glasses off and just going slow. Anything over about 25 mph felt like someone was pouring salt water in my eyes. I looked at the weather channel radar that indicated there was no (none, nada) rain in the area. Not downing them, I made it over 550 miles and only about 30 miles was it wrong. Of course Murphy’s law proved out correct again.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Leaving here this afternoon, looks like rain the whole way

·
old scoot coot
4,885 Posts
I’ve been watching the weather between Iowa and ES, left at 9:30 this morning figuring to stop between KC and Joplin. Well I over shot and drove on in to ES this evening. MO 37/US 62 from I44 to ES with a misting rain from the MO - AR border in a misting rain is not fun at all. But I’m here with the rubber still on the ground. I’m used to a lot of straight; long sweeping turns. This route would have been challenging if dry. With it wet, I’m sure I pissed the guy behind me off but don’t give a s—t. You guys take it carefull getting here. I’m waiting on ya
nice to have you aboard jake. yea yesterday was another rain day. we have had about 60 of them lately, ha. get some rest and we will see ya tomorrow. ya might meet up with us, brian, mack, sean, david and me for lunch at twin peaks in rogers tomorrow at 1:00. good eats at rockin pig right down the street today and the filling station is great for breakfast. most everyone will show up tomorrow. see you either at twin peaks or at the nod tomorrow. we are glad ya came jake!

·
Registered
657 Posts
I dislike dragging out the Arai and switching glasses but it's the best solution for the rain. There's only a 20 mile or so stretch between Paducah and Wickliffe along the way that is two lane, curvy, etc., the rest of it is almost four lane exclusively. Might not make it to ES tonight, Springfield more likely but depends on traffic, weather, etc and departure time

·
American
28,714 Posts
All you guys have a safe trip and wonderful time, careful on too much thuggery, who has the bail funds on standby?
Doubt if the jail is big enough there Noel.

·
Registered
5,767 Posts
A good time was had by all and there were no blood lettings. Bunch of folks already home--safe rolling for the rest.
Thanks FB and Tommy. It was great to meet new folks---Jake and 6113.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Back at the house, minimal rain along the way and I’m disappointed there was no blood

Mack was a good roommate and Tommy gives the best tour of War Eagle and Arkansas of anyone I know

Fartboy is a good sport when it comes to gun shopping and factory tours. He has more self control than some

·
245 Posts
Made it home Saturday evening safe and sound. Had a great time. Hope every body makes it home safe

·
Registered
5,767 Posts

·
Noel
10,514 Posts
Nice to see most of you are home now, looking at a lot of rain over Arkansas

·
Registered
5,767 Posts
Most everyone caught a few drops and some a lot more....it was an early get outa Dodge in an attempt to get ahead of it, but for a few it was riding right into it. All compass points are represented. We don't discriminate.

181 - 200 of 220 Posts