Harley Davidson Forums banner

21 - 40 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
17 Hours? That's a one-day ride :sneaky:

Anyone ever heard of, or been to this place?

Catalpa Cafe And General Store, 255 County Road 5351, Ozone, AR 72854

·
weird member
2,774 Posts
That's the plan, it's going to be rough. I wish there were a faster route though. A lot of it is long stretches of highway/backroads of 45-55 mph speed limits, but it's the best 1,000 mile route I could make to out there. Though I guess it's easier to pace myself that way, forces me to not try to do it too fast.

·
old scoot coot
4,451 Posts

Anyone ever heard of, or been to this place?

Catalpa Cafe And General Store, 255 County Road 5351, Ozone, AR 72854
nope never been there. thats what i love about arkansas. takes time to see it all. how about we run down there from the nod for lunch on thursday. we are getting there on wed arent we?

·
Registered
614 Posts
nope never been there. thats what i love about arkansas. takes time to see it all. how about we run down there from the nod for lunch on thursday. we are getting there on wed arent we?
Don't know about Wednesday yet, that place is on about a 4-5 stretch of gravel/unimproved road, come in from the east side and exit the west side of that road and loop up north ending up back at the NOD. Maybe about 5-6 hours riding?

It has some good Google reviews and wouldn't be the worst place I've eaten.

·
old scoot coot
4,451 Posts
Don't know about Wednesday yet, that place is on about a 4-5 stretch of gravel/unimproved road, come in from the east side and exit the west side of that road and loop up north ending up back at the NOD. Maybe about 5-6 hours riding?

cool, i love the places like that in towns along the twisties. arkansas is just a blast for me. never get old. you can have like a 200,000 dollar house down there on five acres and the taxes are like 37 dollars a year. a land of wonder and twisties.

·
old scoot coot
4,451 Posts

looks like kainam and fartboy are in.:cool:

·
old scoot coot
4,451 Posts
I’m still on debate mode on this, 18 hour or so ride for me.

where are ya coming in from oz man. i'm about 70miles north of tulsa. usually brian, mack come down a day or two early and we mess around here before leaving. if coming from the west ish you are welcome to stop here and rest up before ridding down with us. same for return trip if ya want.:cool:

·
Registered
11,608 Posts
Just a HEADS UP--FWIW

Several days ago I left a phone msg for Nod staff to please phone me when they had time--wanted to give them new cc number cause one they had on file got hacked and a new card issued, and I didn't want to put my cc over the internet to them. Girl phoned a little while ago, gave her the number and we just chatted a couple of minutes. She said they just had the best Winter they have had in 3-4 years, almost full up most every weekend and she thought the public was just fed up with all the Covid nonsense and just wanted to get away. Also, she said they were expecting the new owners of the Nod to take over this weekend.

·
Asylum Inmate
12,167 Posts
Clifton, Colorado to Land O Nod Inn - Google Maps - Google Chrome 2_11_2021 11_14_45 AM.png

Reactions: sardonicus87

·
Asylum Inmate
12,167 Posts
Reactions: FartBoy

·
old scoot coot
4,451 Posts
Just a HEADS UP--FWIW

Several days ago I left a phone msg for Nod staff to please phone me when they had time--wanted to give them new cc number cause one they had on file got hacked and a new card issued, and I didn't want to put my cc over the internect to them. Girl phoned a little while ago, gave her the number and we just chatted a couple of minutes. She said they just had the best Winter they have had in 3-4 years, almost full up most every weekend and she thought the public was just fed up with all the Covid nonsense and just wanted to get away. Also, she said they were expecting the new owners of the Nod to take over this weekend.
cool, i hope they put a new ice machine on the first floor of the annex. :)

·
Noel
10,090 Posts
If I do go Tax, maybe we could ride together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'll keep an eye out for your plans, the northern projected track comes right through your neck of the woods, it's actually the shortest route, I hope the roads through Indiana are better than they were in 2019.

21 - 40 of 69 Posts