Harley Davidson Forums banner

161 - 180 of 219 Posts

·
old scoot coot
4,765 Posts
101.jpg
101.jpg
Hey guys and gals, my bike is broke. I crashed it on the 30th of April. I'm OK but two others are broken up pretty good. My Insurance just got around to giving Rawhide Harley a check and the mechanic said it would be 30 days to get the painted parts in. I tried to talk them into just bending things enough to make it rideable but they're probably worried about liability. So I'm not riding this week. I'm thinking of driving down Thursday or Friday for the after ride party.

I'll post something about the crash when I feel like admitting how much I screwed up.
fear not my other brother with another mother. i've still got another spare a pristine suzuki 800 boulavard. i'm not sure yet if brian is riding one of the harley's or his new low rider, it's just barely back out of shop. anyway the boulavard is always ready. if brian rides his low rider then the other harley is available. we wouldn't want you to miss an opportunity to get hosed with the rest of us forcast is a little iffy, ha! oh, ya might stop by dealer and get tag off yours, just in case we need it. 😎

·
Registered
655 Posts
i like that one better than the one i saw and heard last nite. after the last two months i am a little on the doubting tommy side. i'm just going to keep looking at this one. other than tuesday i like it the best.:p

yours might be right as well, Darksky is portraying it a little different, but more like summer popup stuff so it seems, maybe some later afternoon evening showers

How many people have been to the Nighthawk facility in Berryville? I'm stopping there on Friday for sure if things go right, they may not have anything but that's a place I'd like to see in person.

·
Registered
41,731 Posts
View attachment 795961 View attachment 795961
fear not my other brother with another mother. i've still got another spare a pristine suzuki 800 boulavard. i'm not sure yet if brian is riding one of the harley's or his new low rider, it's just barely back out of shop. anyway the boulavard is always ready. if brian rides his low rider then the other harley is available. we wouldn't want you to miss an opportunity to get hosed with the rest of us forcast is a little iffy, ha! oh, ya might stop by dealer and get tag off yours, just in case we need it. 😎

I'll be taking my LRS, although I may be using a duffel bag to bring a change of skivvies instead of the new saddlebags. No tracking number on those yet. Looks like weather will let me take off on Wednesday to your place.

With the exception of the saddlebags, I think I've got everything done on the bike that I was looking to do before the trip, except more break in miles.

·
weird member
2,982 Posts
Just for the hell of it, I swapped out my air filter day before yesterday and cleaned and re-oiled the one that came off. Only thing I need to do is double check the fluid reservoir for the rear brake and put my new face shield on my helmet (it's 2 years old at this point and the face shield is getting loose, got some crackles in it, anti-fog coating long worn out, etc). Well, that and pack.

Tonight, I might start organizing tool bag and getting things together like clippers and stuff.

·
old scoot coot
4,765 Posts
yours might be right as well, Darksky is portraying it a little different, but more like summer popup stuff so it seems, maybe some later afternoon evening showers

How many people have been to the Nighthawk facility in Berryville? I'm stopping there on Friday for sure if things go right, they may not have anything but that's a place I'd like to see in person.
fb wants to go down to war eagle mill area friday am. that's only about 25 miles from es so i plan to make a loop down s. e. of there to strech it out a bit. i can make it back through berryville heading back into the nod.

·
old scoot coot
4,765 Posts

yep the pop up and evening storms will be 50% or better evey day from now till november. the jet stream is hanging way south for last six weeks or so creating a trend that is every day high rain chances and very solid overcasts. usually by may sunny every day with pop ups and evening storms possible. that dam jet stream is still hanging in causing this trend to continue. we are doing the reunion rain or shine. by the end of the week it begins to look better. we are good, i hope.

·
old scoot coot
4,765 Posts
I'll be taking my LRS, although I may be using a duffel bag to bring a change of skivvies instead of the new saddlebags. No tracking number on those yet. Looks like weather will let me take off on Wednesday to your place.

With the exception of the saddlebags, I think I've got everything done on the bike that I was looking to do before the trip, except more break in miles.
cool, we can follow you on the trip down so you can manage the break in miles how you need to. yea the wx looks definitely bad monday and tuesday. the bags could show up on tuesday. the whole covid thing has freight balled up too. anyway now we can put mack on a harley. it's got a legal tag btw mack. the boulavard, not so much. ;)

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Hey Tommy
I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I sure appreciate the offer, more than generous (and brave) of you. I feel funny using somebody's motorcycle. Let me ponder it a bit.

·
Gypsy on Parade
4,966 Posts
View attachment 795961 View attachment 795961
Madmack, you really should take him up on the offer.

Tommy, you are a very generous person. The world is better because of people like you. I’ll stop there, because I know you didn’t make the offer to be bragged on, and it’s not just this one. I know of lot’s of help you’ve given to others.

·
old scoot coot
4,765 Posts
Hey Tommy
I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I sure appreciate the offer, more than generous (and brave) of you. I feel funny using somebody's motorcycle. Let me ponder it a bit.
the only thing you need to ponder on mack is which harley you want to ride. :) that's why god put harleys on the earth, to ride. it's our duty to have fun and be happy, so comon down! brian is coming down tomorrow also. let's get the thuggary started man, the sun is coming out! see you guys tomorrow! 😎

·
Registered
5,767 Posts
Ride well and safe, Kyle. We will leave the light on and garage door open.
look for a late model bright red Silverado and dark blue Outback Wagon. White vinyl siding, and a flag.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
the only thing you need to ponder on mack is which one you want to ride. :) that's why god put harleys on the earth, to ride. it's our duty to have fun and be happy, so comon down! brian is coming down tomorrow also. let's get the thuggary started man, the sun is coming out! see you guys tomorrow! 😎
Ok Tommy. Again, thank you. See you tomorrow brother

·
245 Posts
I’ve been watching the weather between Iowa and ES, left at 9:30 this morning figuring to stop between KC and Joplin. Well I over shot and drove on in to ES this evening. MO 37/US 62 from I44 to ES with a misting rain from the MO - AR border in a misting rain is not fun at all. But I’m here with the rubber still on the ground. I’m used to a lot of straight; long sweeping turns. This route would have been challenging if dry. With it wet, I’m sure I pissed the guy behind me off but don’t give a s—t. You guys take it carefull getting here. I’m waiting on ya

161 - 180 of 219 Posts