·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reactions: WiSeNhEiMeR

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
I use the FLO filter by PCRacing. Been using them for about 8 years.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
have either of you noticed any change in oil pressure or same as before...i suppose no matter what gets changed, the oil pressure is still regulated by the spring in the cam plate

·
Registered
5,425 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nice, i have the oe+ pump and plate by feuling along with there short travel lifters

i like the idea of the extra magnet and they claim it reduces strain on the oil pump

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
7 percent increase in torque from an oil filter...absolutely absurd.

You don`t need a magnet in your oil system, that is what the filter is for.

If the engine is making enough metal that a magnet is needed, it`s done...

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
...........i like the idea of the extra magnet and they claim it reduces strain on the oil pump
The magnet was a plus for me also - it certainly can't hurt. The filter is a solid chunk of aluminum which also acts as a heat sink.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
The magnet was a plus for me also - it certainly can't hurt. The filter is a solid chunk of aluminum which also acts as a heat sink.
I`m pretty sure we know that the filter is not a solid chunk of aluminum....

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
I`m pretty sure we know that the filter is not a solid chunk of aluminum....
Literally no. But still made from a hefty chunk of aluminum. Thick walled and heavy duty, which makes a good heat sink.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I find it ironic, to say the least, that folks will spend $5000 on engine improvements yet when it comes down to the little things such as oil filters as in this case, they want to get cheap. Good grief simply purchase a disposable oil filter, forget the magnets that's all nonsense as mentioned that's what oil filters are for. Even the stock Harley-Davidson item is going to have superior oil cleaning power than any reusable and re-cleanable oil filter system.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Oil filter magnets are a 20 year old fad/scam. Right along with those doohickies that supposedly use excess electricity to convert water into hydrogen and boost your gas mileage.

Reactions: 1/2 Ton

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ive always used magnetic drain bolts on my race quad, and there is always some form of small metal, brand new, or broke in, there will always be some metal...i like the idea of catching it than relying on the filter

and the outer house that holds the removable filter is aluminum and has fins..great heat sink for added cooling and there is less flow resistance through the filter because there is a larger surface area of filter vs the oem...either way i bought it..and im gonna see how i like it ..i can always go back...

·
Registered
96 Posts
I purchased a "FLO" brand stainless Steel MESH permanent OIL FILTER for my EVO 1340cc Engine
I like it (just like the one on my PRO-GAS Engine'd FunnyCar bodied sand-drag race JEEP CJ-5 )
this "type" of FILTER allows the RIDER to inspect everything strained OUT of the Engine OIL
& Yes - I appreciate the MAGNET on my FILTERS ---
some of the FERROUS Metal that becomes trapped on the MAGNET is ... much ... Much ... MUCH ... 'finer'
than any filter MEDIA would have successfully CAPTURED !
I'm sure that the Stainless Steel MESH applies a lot <less drag or push on the OIL PUMP
so = I'm an ADVOCATE ... for many reasons ... even ENVIRONMENTAL reason = less "disposable" FILTERS in the LANDFILL !

COOP

1 - 15 of 15 Posts